Choosing a Zebra Label Printer
Zebra label printers can be used for a wide variety of different applications like shipping off individual packages or lending more organization to your files. These label printers can print from your desktop computer in either color or black and white with some models offering you both options in one unit. These machines can also be outfitted with different features like the ability to print a variety of label types as well as the ability to work with numerous forms of media, including tag stock rolls, fanfold paper, and labels.How do you select a label printer?
Because of the many options at your disposal, it can be difficult to make a decision about which Zebra printers you might want. You can select a high-volume printer, one that offers fast print speeds, and more. Consider these guidelines.
- Select a technology type: These printers come in several different technology types that include dot matrix, thermal, and solid ink printers.
- Select your preferred color: The majority of these systems are available in standard black and white colors with some models coming in a silver or gray color.
- Consider the connectivity options: You can connect to these printers via such connectivity ports as Bluetooth, USB, and Ethernet.
- Select the output type: These printers either print labels in color or black and white. Some offer labels with barcodes. You can also select receipt printing, ticket printing, and more.
These printers can be outfitted with a wide range of different connectivity types that are further divided into wired connectivity and wireless connectivity. The majority of these machines are outfitted with at least one USB port, although these ports can come in a variety of versions that include USB 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 versions. These ports are backwards compatible with other USB cords and hard drives. A USB port is used with this machine when you want to transfer a label from the USB hard drive over the machine to have it printed.
If you want to connect to the internet in order to have access to online labels, these printers can be outfitted with both wired and wireless internet connectivity options. The wired internet options include an Ethernet port while the wireless options extend to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. Additional connectivity options that can be equipped on these machines include serial ports and parallel ports.What are the different technologies used with these label printers?
- Dot matrix: This is a type of label printer that forms words, symbols, and numbers through the usage of a large number of tiny dots situated throughout the machine.
- Solid ink: This is a specific type of ink printer that heats the ink until it melts onto the labels in the form of numbers and letters.
- Thermal: This is a type of printer that heats up small pins, which show up on the paper due to the fact that the paper is heat sensitive.