What You Should Know About Xbox 360 Wireless Video Game Controllers
Xbox 360 wireless controllers give players more elbow room when playing the Xbox 360 video game console; since these controllers don't need to be plugged into USB ports, you can use them at greater distances, keep your TV setup uncluttered, and avoid any risk of tripping. Also, you don't have to worry about the controller coming loose while you're in the middle of a game. Wireless controllers for the Xbox 360 also work with Microsoft PC operating systems.How do you use wireless controllers for the Xbox 360?
Using a wireless 360 controller to play games is fairly straightforward. Here's how you do it:
- Power Up: Make sure the controller has two AA batteries or a rechargeable battery pack to provide power during play.
- Connect: To connect the controller, simply turn on the console, and hold the Guide button on the controller until it activates. Press and release the Connect button on the console. Next, quickly press the controller's Connect button, and wait for the power button on the Xbox 360 to stop flashing. Now you can play. To disconnect, just press the Guide button for three seconds whenever you're done.
- Play: For most 360 games, you use the analog sticks to control your character and rotate the camera, and you use the buttons to perform actions, such as jumping, shooting, running, or interacting with objects.
Similar to wired controllers, Xbox 360 wireless controllers come with two analog sticks, a directional pad, four face buttons, left and right bumpers, left and right triggers, a Back button, a Start button, and a Guide button. The wireless controller also features a Connect button for connecting to the Xbox 360, and it usually has a battery case to provide power.What features can you consider when picking wireless 360 controllers?
When picking a wireless 360 controller, you should take into account:
- Color: Xbox 360 wireless controllers come in a wide range of official colors, including black, white, light blue, dark blue, red, and green.
- Design: These devices come with numerous casing designs, including unofficial custom ones and official special-edition ones. Special designs for this device include the Dragon Design, the Radioactive Design, and a design based on "Halo 3: ODST."
- Batteries: Find out whether the device comes with a battery case or rechargeable battery pack.