Wireless Computer Keyboards and Numeric Keypads
Unchain yourself from your laptop or desktop computer with a wireless external USB keyboard. Whether your laptop or other device is a Mac or a Windows-based system, we have a selection of quality components from known names in the industry. These slim mini keyboards have all of the features of a full-size, on-board computer keyboard - including numeric keypads and mouse pads - and some models are even backlit for better visibility in any lighting situation.
What is a wireless keyboard?
These models include any keyboard or keypad that communicates without using a physical wired connection. They're powered by batteries, and there are three ways they can interact:
- Radio frequency (RF)
- Infrared technology (RI)
- Bluetooth connectivity
The most common interface is via USB Bluetooth connectivity, and they're available in a wide selection of styles, including:
- Standard - which is a full-size peripheral
- Portable - with a built-in touch pad mouse
- Portable - with a built-in stand for tablets or smartphone devices
- Rollup keyboards, which are flexible and can be rolled up like a cloth for storage
- Hinged - which can be folded for storage
- Mini - which are palm-sized and use thumb-operated typing
- Combo - which comes with a wireless mouse that's controlled using the same frequency
Are these keyboards compatible with all operating systems?
Some are brand-specific, meaning they're built by the company to only work with another Apple or Windows system. There are also models on the market that only work with an Android or Apple iOS hand-held device. The third option - and the most flexible - is one of the universal designs that will work equally well with any laptop, computer, or mobile device as well as TVs and gaming systems; this type is fast becoming the standard selection.
Is a wireless keyboard easy to install?
Yes, almost anyone can install this type of peripheral. Most manufacturers have everything necessary to get you up and running in the box, including:
- USB Bluetooth chip
- Mouse, with combo packages
- Instruction manual
What are the benefits of wireless computer keyboards?
The number of advantages to going wireless are many, including portability, flexibility, comfort, and added functionality, especially for tablets and mobile phones.
What features should you look for in a wireless peripheral?
- Slim, compact design
- Ergonomic features
- Numeric keypad
- Apple and/or Windows compatibility
- Agile, responsive keys and keypad
- Durable construction to keep up with fast or aggressive typing