Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Wheel Center Caps
Your Chevrolet Silverado 3500 has been a reliable truck for all your needs. To help protect your Silverado and to show a bit of flair, you can add wheel center caps. Whether you use your Chevrolet Silverado as a dedicated work truck or as a vehicle to cruise around town, center wheel caps are an easy upgrade.What are wheel center caps?
A vehicle wheel is very prone to being affected by dirt and debris along the road. A center cap is a great way to protect your Chevy against damage, rust, and corrosion. A center cap covers the center of your wheel and often the lugs as well.What wheel center caps fit a Chevrolet Silverado 3500?
The Silverado series is a big part of the heavy-duty Chevrolet and GMC work truck lines and has been manufactured since 1998. In order to make sure that the center caps fit your Chevrolet Silverado 3500, you need to know some basic information about the truck and wheels.
- The year model and style of your Chevrolet Silverado is the first thing because wheel center caps are usually grouped by year.
- The size of your truck's wheel is important because rims can vary from 16 inches to 20 inches.
- The stud number is also something to take into account. Though most Silverado trucks will use a standard eight-stud setup, that may not apply for every model.
- Wheel center caps for the Silverado 3500 are sometimes not specific to this work truck, and they may be listed for vehicles like the GMC Sierra.
- Researching and checking specific parts numbers can assist in making certain you have the parts for the job.
Wheel center caps can come in a variety of styles with different markings and metals being used. As long as the wheel center caps fits your wheel, you can choose any style. Some of the most common options include:
- Chevrolet-branded center caps with the famous bow-tie logo are fairly ubiquitous. It should be expected that Chevrolet-branded items will be standard and some of the most readily available for a Chevrolet vehicle.
- Another common symbol on center caps for trucks, including the Chevrolet Silverado 3500, is the 4x4 logo designation.
- Plain center caps feature a smooth finish without logos or branding of any type.
- Chrome-style finishes are the standard for wheel caps although other colors, such as black, are available.
Most available center caps will be made of metal. In some cases, vintage or custom-made parts might be made in other materials, such as wood or plastic. An OEM part will be directly made by the Chevy parent company of GM, but non-OEM parts are also available.
- Wood is most typically vintage.
- Aluminum center caps and alloys composed mostly of aluminum are easy to maintain and to keep polished.
- Steel is strong and durable.
- Chrome is the most common, and it offers the ability to be shined to perfection while being resistant to damage.
- Chromed plastic gives the look of chrome.