Wetsuits for All Watersports
A new or used wetsuit will keep you warm when surfing, kayaking, wakeboarding, or scuba diving. A wetsuit also provides sun protection and protects your skin from rubbing harnesses.What wetsuit styles are available?
You will find new and used wetsuits for sale in a variety of styles. Choose a style that fits the climate and your sport.
- A full suit covers the torso, legs, and arms. This style will keep you warm in cold waters.
- Shortie styles have short or no sleeves and short legs. Many surfers prefer a shortie.
- Farmer Joes or Janes are two-piece styles. The bottoms are long-legged with a short sleeve or sleeveless top. The second piece is a jacket.
- Purchase separates if you just want a top or bottom.
Seams and zippers are the points at which cold water can enter a wetsuit. Back zippers are the easiest to use but may let more water in than chest zippers. Metal zippers are more durable than plastic. These common types of seam stitching offer varying leak protection and durability.
- Overlock stitch is the least expensive. This type sews over the edge of the wetsuit.
- Flatlock stitch has no ridge on the inside and provides good leak protection and more flexibility.
- Blind stitch is an interlocking seam that does not pierce the neoprene. This stitch provides high leak protection.
Look for used wetsuits for sale when you are interested in cheap wetsuits. You might want to spend less money if you do not intend to use the wetsuit often or if the wetsuit is for a growing child. A used wetsuit for sale should be inspected for any thinning of the neoprene or split stitches. Holes in used wetsuits can be repaired.How do you know if the thickness of a wetsuit is sufficient?
Wetsuits for sale on eBay come in several thicknesses. Thicker neoprene is warmer, but thinner neoprene is more flexible. Some suits will indicate two or three thickness measurements. The first is the body of the suit, then the legs and arms. Consider the temperature of the water and other factors such as level of activity and air temperature, and follow these guidelines.
- 2mm – water temperatures above 85 degrees
- 3mm – water temperatures between 70 to 85 degrees
- 5mm – water temperatures between 60 to 70 degrees
- 6.5mm – water temperatures between 50 to 70 degrees