Wall Lighting Fixtures
When you're trying to illuminate your bedroom, bathroom, or outside living space, adding wall fixtures can be an innovative lighting solution. Light fixtures that can be installed on the wall save space while making sure you have enough light to read, get ready, or finish your tasks. Wall lights come with a variety of shapes, sizes, and designs to fit your interior or exterior decor.What types of wall lighting are there?
There are many different types of wall lights that you can choose from. The different types include:
- Flush-mounted - These wall sconces look like half moons. The light source is slightly obscured by a shade which diffuses the amount of light. This lighting is commonly found in many homes as they are versatile.
- Lantern wall sconce - These sconces look like lanterns. They can appear to be antique or give a traditional feel to a room or an outdoor space.
- Candle sconces - These sconces are a throwback to the long-gone centuries. They often feature two candles on an ornate base plate.
- Swing arm - These light fixtures are mounted on plates with an arm that is movable. They are often used as accent or task lighting and you can manipulate them and move them to where you need them to be.
- Picture light - This wall light has a slender tube that comes out from the edge of the room. They are designed to be installed over pictures. When turned on, they illuminate photography and other works of art.
There are four main types of lighting that may be used in wall lights:
- Incandescent lighting - Incandescent lighting is a frequently used type of lighting used both inside and out. These wall lamps create a warm, inviting glow.
- Halogen lighting - This type of lighting produces a bright white glow, making it easier to see in otherwise dimly lit rooms.
- Fluorescent lighting - Wall lights with fluorescent bulbs give off a glow that can provide ample lighting for bathrooms, bedrooms, and yards. They come in a variety of colors to help set the mood.
- LED lights - These lights are extremely energy-efficient while still being able to provide light.
When looking for sconces, there are several things you should consider:
- Outdoor or indoor - Some wall lamps or light fixtures are only designed to be used indoors or out. Make sure that you find wall sconces that work for the area that you are installing them in.
- Style - Your light fixtures should fit in with your interior designs. Because they come in a variety of styles, you should be able to find a wall lamp that you like.
- Hardware - The hardware finishes on the different sconces can range from polished silver to brass and copper. Some sconces may even be dark brown or black in color.