Toshiba Computer Components and Parts
Toshiba has become one of the most preferred personal computer-brands over the past 30 years. Based in Tokyo, Japan, it is a holding company of six Toshiba operating companies that offer various solutions and products for commercial, residential, and industrial sectors. When designing its models, Toshiba prioritizes on the needs of consumers by ensuring that the end-results are top-notched and innovative.What are the main components and parts of Toshiba Computer?
A typical notebook or laptop has various vital parts that enables it to perform its tasks as expected. Below are details about a few of them:
- System board or motherboard: This is the primary logic board in any notebook or laptop with all the internal compartments connected to it. They are also model-specific; thus, you cannot remove one motherboard from a Dell laptop and stick it into your Toshiba Satellite.
- Hard drive: This is the main information storage unit in a laptop where all personal and system files are stored in it. To make it easy and fast to access your data, install one that is fast.
- Central processing unit (CPU): This control unit acts as the brain of the laptop, and you can upgrade it. A faster CPU implies a faster data processing with the help of a microprocessor. A component that rarely fails, CPU connects directly to the system board through a processor socket.
- Random access memory (RAM): This is temporary data storage and is highly volatile; hence, all information in it disappears every time you turn off the computer. The more RAM you have, the better the performance of your Toshiba laptop.
- The cooling fan: This is part of the cooling system in a laptop, helping to cool down the processor when the computer is turned on. Usually, the CPU fan is available as part of the heatsink assembly; a metal part that draws heat from the CPU chip.
- Wireless network card: This component enables you to connect to the Internet without a cable.
- LCD screen: This receives data signal through the LCD cable from the video card the displays it.
- Web camera: Most laptops come with this camera in-built to the display panel. Located on separate board, Web cameras can be separately replaced from the LCD.
Your Toshiba computer connects you to your business whether travelling to meet clients or giving a presentation. Knowing the parts of your Toshiba Satellite is important as this helps you when replacing one that has stopped working. When looking for a component to replace with or want to upgrade, it is usually advisable to get one meant for that model.