Lincoln Town Tail Lights
Featuring smooth lines, a sleek interior, and a long history of top quality automotive performance, your Lincoln Town car exudes class no matter what year it was made. Though there are as many different Lincoln Town car taillights as there are years of manufacture, this collection can fulfill the taillight needs of any Lincoln owner. Sort through various options and pick out the lights that are perfect for your Town car.What types of taillights are available for the Lincoln?
There are two top contenders when it comes to taillight technologies for the Lincoln Town car: high-intensity discharge (HID) bulbs and light-emitting diodes (LEDs). HID bulbs have long been considered the gold standard when it comes to vehicle lighting. These bulbs use tungsten electrodes and discharged gas to make a brilliant beam of light. Plus, they are rated to last about 2,000 hours. LED bulbs are tiny, energy efficient, and cool to the touch even after prolonged use. LEDs are also incredibly bright and are rated to last an astounding 50,000 hours.How do you install a taillight assembly in a Lincoln?
Even if your old taillights remain intact, it’s often necessary to replace the entire assembly when upgrading to new LED taillights. Whether you’ve gotten into a fender bender or you’re simply upping your game with contemporary technology, replacing one or both of the taillight assemblies in your Lincoln Town car is easy and should take less than half an hour for each light. Basic shop tools are required. The steps are listed here:
- Turn off the engine and open the trunk. Remove the trunk retainer if equipped.
- Pick a side to start with and pull back the trunk carpeting to expose the taillight assembly.
- Remove the three bolts holding the assembly in place with a socket wrench.
- Pull the assembly away from your Lincoln and disconnect the electrical assembly. Discard the old assembly and position the new assembly into place.
- Connect the electrical harness to the new assembly. Push the new assembly into the cavity and secure it with the three bolts.
- Replace the trunk carpeting to complete installation. Repeat these instructions for the other assembly if necessary.
The third brake light on your Lincoln Town car, also called the center high mount stop light, informs other drivers of your intent to slow down even if your taillights are obscured. Replacing this critical part is easy and installation should take less than half an hour to complete, and the process is described below:
- Locate and remove the center high mount stop light assembly at the top of the rear window by pulling it down gently.
- Disconnect the electrical harness from the old assembly. Position the new assembly into place.
- Connect the electrical harness to the new assembly and push it into the cavity to engage the snaps and complete installation.