Jaguar XJ8 Tail lights
Safeguard your assets and do a courtesy to other drivers by ensuring that the tail lights installed on your Jaguar XJ8 are in optimal working order. With selections available for every year and model, finding the right lights for your Jaguar is easy. Just sift through a comprehensive collection and make the selection that fits suitably with the sleek design and majestic rumble of your luxury vehicle.What types of tail lights are available for the Jaguar XJ8?
Two types of lighting technologies dominate the XJ8 tail light market.
- Incandescent bulbs: These are the conventional choice when it comes to tail lights and consist of a metallic filament encased in a glass housing. When the filament is electrified, it lights up in a glorious glow. Incandescent bulbs are rated to last about 2,000 hours.
- Light-emitting diodes: LEDs don’t make use of a filament and instead are comprised of various semiconductor materials. This lighting technology is energy efficient and takes up little space. LEDs stay cool when running and are rated to last a whopping 50,000 hours.
Replacing the tail light assemblies in your Jaguar is easy. A socket wrench is required, and it’s highly recommended that both taillight assemblies be replaced at the same time.
- Turn off the engine, disconnect the negative battery terminal, and open the trunk.
- Pick a side to start with and press the clips to release the taillight access panel. Use a socket wrench to remove the three bolts securing the taillight assembly.
- Pull the taillight assembly away from the vehicle and disconnect the electrical harness.
- Discard the old assembly and connect the electrical harness to the new assembly. Insert the new assembly into the cavity and use a socket wrench to secure it in place with the three bolts.
- Repeat these steps for the opposite side then reconnect the negative battery terminal and start the engine to test the taillights.
Also called the center high-mount stop light, this part is required by law and helps drivers in tall vehicles like semi trucks note your decrease in velocity even when your taillights are obscured. Replacing this part is simple and does not require any tools.
- Turn off the engine, disconnect the negative battery terminal, and climb into the back seat.
- Press the tabs at the base of the third brake-light assembly to remove the cover. Disconnect the electrical harness.
- Disengage the spring clips at either side of the assembly to remove it from the housing. Discard the old assembly.
- Insert the new assembly into the housing and engage the spring clips. Connect the electrical harness to the new assembly.
- Replace the cover by pressing firmly against the housing until the tabs engage. Reconnect the negative battery terminal and start the engine to test the high-mount stop light.