It is important to keep your body in shape by doing cardio and resistance training. An innovative new way of accomplishing both of these types of workout exercises with a suspension training device has become useful for athletes, pro trainers, and people adding equipment to their home gyms. Not all suspension mechanisms are the same, and you should choose the one that meets your needs.How do you select a training suspension system?
You might consider the following criteria when selecting a suspension trainer for a workout:
- Select usage: Usage is determined by how the suspension trainer will be used. Suspension trainers come in a variety of kits or bundles specific to in-home, professional, and tactical use.
- Select connection type: There are different materials that are used to construct suspension trainers. Various materials include different types of nylon banding, steel handles, EVA foam cushion grips, and plastic handles.
- Select guide: Different suspension trainers come with visual guides that showcase various exercises that can be performed with the trainer for your body. Some products also come with web-based video platform guides and physical DVDs or BluRay disks.
- Select fitness level: Decide what your current physical fitness level is. The workout trainers come in different types specific to a persons fitness level.
- Nylon web: The nylon web is attached to the suspension belts. The main function is to provide structural support to the TRX suspension trainer and transfers the exerted load more evenly across the entirety of the strands.
- Cushion grips: Most suspension trainers are equipped with cushion grips but not all. Some have metal handles and other have rubber grips that are intended to be sweat-resistant.
- Suspension belts: The main belts are the straps that stretch out from the center point of the trainer. Handles are attached at each end of the two belts to allow for exercises to be done.
- In-home gym: TRX home trainers generally can support up to a maximum of 1300 pounds of force. Connectors are fastened by steel barrel clasps that lock the strap into different lengths for varying exercises.
- Professional use: Generally capable of 1400 pounds of exerted force on the nylon straps. Can be used in-home and is simply built to a standard that supports more weight.
- Tactical: capable of 2400 lbs. of force or 11 KN. Designed for an ergonomic grip with rubber grip handles. Can be used in-home or in a professional setting as well. The tactical total body trainer is also equipped with aluminum D-rings.