Sun Visors for Hyundai Accent
Sun visors are small accessories for your Accent model Hyundai that provide you with a great deal of added convenience. Although most visors perform the same basic functions, they come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and types. It's important to understand how different sun visors work so you can choose the ones that suit your needs.What do Hyundai Accent sun visors do?
Regardless of what size or type of sun visor you need for your Hyundai, the primary purpose of these visors is to protect your eyes from the glare of the sun. While Hyundai Accent sun visors certainly carry a measure of convenience with them, the protection they provide to you is also an important safety consideration. If the sun is in your eyes at any given time when you're driving your Accent, it could obscure your vision and make it difficult for you to recognize potential hazards on the road. Therefore, visors for your Hyundai Accent make your driving experience more comfortable and also reduce the risk of accidents or collisions. Larger visors intended for the windshield or side windows of your Hyundai will keep the glare off any passengers and make the interior of the vehicle cooler if you need to park it in the sun.What types of sun visors are available?
There are several models you can attach to various areas of your Hyundai Accent. The size and position of the visor both determine how it will function as an accessory for the vehicle.
- Standard sun visors are typically found in the interior cab of the Accent at the top edges of the windshield. You can purchase standard visors for the front passenger's or driver's side seats. Some models are adjustable, allowing you to extend their surface areas or reposition them to block light coming in from the driver's side or front passenger windows.
- Sun visors for the rear or side windows of your Hyundai are large enough to cover the entire surface of the window and are typically made of a mesh material. These units prevent some sunlight from shining on passengers. Reflective versions of these visors will also help keep the interior of your Accent cooler when in direct sunlight.
- You can also purchase a reflective visor for the windshield to further cool down your Hyundai when it is not in use.
Larger models are designed for either the windshield or rear windows of your Hyundai. These units can be installed simply by unfolding and inserting them into the frame. However, if you need to replace faulty front passenger or driver's shades, you can use this guide.
- Remove the screws holding each shade in place and set them aside.
- Slide them out of the vehicle's headliner.
- Place the new units directly over the appropriate mounting holes and install the screws.
- If applicable, you should connect any wiring harnesses to your Accent now.
- Test your sedan's new accessories by moving them into each position and ensuring they work correctly.