Install a Sony PS4 Replacement Disc Drive and Keep Playing
The Sony PlayStation 4 gaming console came on the entertainment scene between 2013 and 2014 in various regions. If you own one of these consoles but can't seem to get any games to play, purchasing a replacement PS4 disc drive may be the answer that you seek. You can find a selection of unused and preowned disc drives for the PS4 on eBay.How do you choose the right disc drive?
There are a few kinds of replacement disc drives for the Sony PS4. Knowing a bit of information about each one can help you choose the model that is designed to be compatible with your version of the entertainment system. In addition, the PS4 Blu-ray drive is usually a part of whatever disc reader you get for the system. Here are the main types of disc readers for the PS4:
- Standard - If you own the regular version of the gaming console, a standard PS4 disc drive should fill your needs.
- Slim - The PS4 Slim disc drive is designed to be compatible with the console of the same name. The entertainment system itself has a thinner, smaller profile than the standard version. You can see the manufacturer site for details.
Yes, some of the disc drives for the PS4 that you find on eBay will include accessories or parts that you might want. Here are a few of the extras you might get with your purchase of a drive:
- Panels - Once the PS4 disc drive is installed, it is usually covered by a front panel. You may be able to pick up one of these panels as part of your purchase of a disc reader for the PS4.
- Ribbons - A special ribbon cable connects the PS4 disc drive replacement to the motherboard installed in your gaming system.
- Switches - In addition to complete drives, you can find power switches to turn the parts of your PS4 on or off after you install the replacements.
You can find a nice selection of both new and preowned disc readers for the PS4 thanks to eBay. If you're in need of a drive in good condition in a hurry and are on a budget, purchasing a secondhand model can give you the functionality you want at a price that should be easy on your wallet. Many used drives are simply lacking tags or packaging, but all of the models you see are intended to function adequately.