Shower curtains are more than just sturdy bathroom drapes that prevent water from leaking out of the shower. They can also be stylish bathroom decor. They're available in a wide variety of styles and patterns, ranging from classic options to modern designs.
What is the standard size for shower curtains?
Standard shower curtains are designed to fit bathtubs that measure 60 inches long. To accommodate bathtub measurements, shower curtains are designed with extra length so that they hang properly when pulled closed. Standard measurements include:
- 70 by 70 inches
- 70 by 72 inches
- 72 by 72 inches
What materials are these products made of?
Shower curtains are traditionally made of several different materials, including:
- Cotton Curtains: Cotton is one of the most dependable fabrics as it is sturdy, durable, and easy to wash. Because this material is more absorbent than other fabrics, these curtains should always be used in conjunction with a vinyl lining to prevent unwanted mold. Cotton curtains are available in every conceivable style and color, ranging from modern stripes to cheery polka dots.
- Vinyl Curtains: Vinyl curtains are a common choice because of their moisture-repelling properties. They are traditionally paired with shower curtain liners, as it helps to keep water inside the bathtub. Vinyl curtains can be used without lining, however, which makes them a hassle-free option.
- Microfiber Curtains: Microfiber fabric is made of polyester, which means that it dries more quickly than other fabric options. These curtains wick away moisture during a shower; afterwards, wetness evaporates almost instantly. These curtain panels are often weighted, which ensures that they're able to withstand heavy water pressure.
- Faux Silk: Decorative curtain panels are often constructed out of faux silk, and they may be embellished with ruffles, lace, buttons, and embroidery. These options are ideal for homeowners who want to inject some style into their bathroom decor.
What are some common curtain panel patterns?
- Stripes: Striped bathroom drapes make a bold addition to any bathroom. Black and white offer graphic appeal, while pastel stripes are more feminine. They're simple to pair with towels, rugs, and other decor.
- Novelty: Novelty options are a popular choice. They come in many design varieties, including holiday-themed, cartographical, and retro.
- Florals: Floral designs are a classic choice for bathroom drapes, and they can easily be matched to any bathroom's color scheme.
- Damask: Damask panels, which feature scrolled patterns of flowers, plants, and wildlife, are an elegant addition to any bathroom.
- Chevron: Chevron panels add geometric flavor to the bathroom space.