Customise Clothing for Everyone Using Sewing Buttons
Buttons can be a small yet effective way to personalise clothing and add some utility to a garment at the same time. You'll find a great selection of new and pre-owned items at affordable prices on eBay. Understanding what kinds of buttons for sale you'll find and how you might use them can help you choose the ones that work for you.Types of buttons
All buttons on eBay might appear similar at first glance, but there are some subtle differences that might influence your buying choices. A few of the most common options you will find are:
- Double - These buttons for knitted garments feature two holes through which fabric is threaded in order to affix them to clothing.
- Quadruple - Many large sewing buttons have four holes instead of two. This design creates a different aesthetic, but you can also use it to strengthen the bond between the fabric and the button.
- Shank - A shank button has a small piece at the back that can be made from wood or metal. The shank keeps some space between the button and the clothing. The added space is necessary for buttoning clothes, and it allows garments to drape evenly.
- Tufted - These buttons are metal blanks that are typically part of upholstered furniture.
eBay carries thousands of buttons for knitted garments, and there are a few ways you can sort through all these items and find the ones that work for your needs. Some of the ways to choose these things are:
- Material - A button can be made from materials such as wood, plastic, metal, or even resin. Buttons for children's sweaters are often plastic, but you can experiment with various materials.
- Shapes - Many button choices that you'll use for clothing are traditionally round. However, you can also find pretty buttons that use fun novelty shapes such as tiny bees, hearts, Christmas trees, or bears.
- Purpose - Different buttons may be suitable for specific purposes. You can choose the ones that work for drapes, upholstery, costumes, or regular clothing.
Checking eBay for used buttons can be a great way to build up your collection and find a wide assortment of inexpensive options. You can find many pretty buttons that are sold as pre-owned sets for personal and professional use. If you want to grab designer buttons for clothing , taking a look at pre-owned versions might help you get the items you want at cheaper prices.