Jeep Wrangler Seats
One part of your Jeep Wrangler model, like the CJ, TJ, JKU, and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that may need replacement is the seats. You might find the fabric torn and ripped in the back passenger bench of your Wrangler TJ, or the driver side bucket seat reclining unit broken. Luckily, there are a ton of OEM and aftermarket choices out there for when you do decide to replace front or rear seats on your Wrangler.What types of seats are available for the Jeep Wrangler?
There are two bucket seats in the front of the Jeep and a removable rear bench seat. Wrangler seats are available in a number of fabrics. Depending on what conditions you drive your Jeep one of them may suit you better than the others.
- Cloth seats are mildew-resistant and clean up nicely for those who like to take their Wrangler Jeep TJ offroad.
- Neoprene is a very tough rubber product that offers great shock absorption as well as a very tough surface for added resistance to pokes and tears.
- Suede and leather are ideal if your Jeep Wrangler TJ does more highway travel instead of offroading.
- Vinyl is a fabric that can be wiped down. Black vinyl is a common choice for seat covers, as is gray vinyl. There are many replacement front seats in this color and material choice.
- Find the front bucket seat frame and mounting brackets on your Jeep.
- Loosen the bolts locking the front bucket seat brackets from the floorboard of your Jeep using a socket wrench, and remove from the vehicle.
- Locate the four brackets for the rear bench seat, and remove the screws that attach the rear bench seat to the brackets using a socket wrench. It is not necessary to remove the support brackets from the floorboard of your Wrangler TJ.
- Lift the rear bench seat away from the brackets and remove from the vehicle.
Once you have decided that you need to replace the seats in your Jeep Wrangler TJ, the next step is to decide whether to go with the original manufacturer equipment (OEM) or aftermarket seats. The former is made by Jeep and designed specifically for your model Wrangler TJ. The latter are produced by companies such as Bestop. They may not be exclusive to the Wrangler. Aftermarket front seats and rear seats may be targeted toward specific applications like off-roading. They may have high-back or other configurations not found standard on the Wrangler. There are many different facets to pour over between the two.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jeep Wrangler.