Mercedes-Benz E320 Seat Belts and Parts
Seat belts should be worn by the driver and all passengers in a Mercedes-Benz E320. Having working seat belts provides safety for everyone in the car. Understanding the various parts helps you to make upgrades and replacements as needed.What are the different parts?
When you're looking for Mercedes E320 parts, it is important to know each part's function. You might need to replace a single part or the entire seat belt apparatus.
- Extender: Extends the length of the seat belt across the lap.
- Latch: Secures the seat belt across the person.
- Pretensioner: Helps with adjusting the belt.
- Seat belt clip: Responsible for fastening the seat belt.
- Hardware: Connects the buckle system to the seat.
There are primarily two types of belts. This includes the two-point buckle that is typically used in the backseat. Also, a three-point buckle goes across the chest, which is used in the front seat. There are also other belts that can be obtained that work more as a harness, which provides added protection when going off-roading or racing.How are seat belts installed?
On the side of the seat in your year Mercedes-Benz E320, there is a bolt. Depending on the model, there may be a plastic cap on the bolt, which can be lifted using a flathead screwdriver. The bolt should be removed, which then allows you to remove the existing seat belt system to install a new one. Once the main components are in, you can then feed the belt through the pretensioner. The seat belt clip is attached to the belt while the latch is mounted to the other side of the chair. This is removed and replaced in the same way by removing the bolt first.What colors are available?
Seat belts for a Mercedes-Benz E-320 come in many colors to help you coordinate with your interior:
In addition to knowing your specific make and model, it is a good idea to review the details below to ensure you get the right Mercedes-Benz E320 parts.
- Parts: Be specific about the parts that you need.
- OEM or aftermarket: Determine if you want original equipment manufacturer parts or ones from an aftermarket brand. Both types work equally.
- Features: Review the features available, such as a quick-release clip or shoulder padding on the belt.
- Length: When choosing a belt, determine the length, which ranges from 60 to 90 inches.