Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a multinational South Korean electronics business that specializes in the manufacture and distribution of electronics such as televisions, personal computers, lithium-ion batteries, and mobile phones. Samsung Electronics is the manufacturer of mobile phones with its line of Android OS-based Samsung Galaxy smartphones (specifically the S-series and Note) and their Galaxy Tab series of tablet computers. In addition to manufacturing the Galaxy Series, Samsung also has over 30 Android-based apps performing a variety of functions, including providing technology support for their products, providing everyday services such as a calendar or alarm clock, audio, and video editing, and games.What are some phones available in the Samsung Galaxy S-series?
- The Samsung Galaxy S5 device came out in 2014 and features a heart monitor, fingerprint scanner, improved camera, increased download bandwidth capabilities, battery conservation, 4K video recording, and USB 3.0. The S5 has a 4.7-inch display, uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 or 805 processor, has up to 64 GB storage, 3 GB RAM, and a 2800 mAH battery
- The Galaxy S6, S6 edge, and S6 edge+ smartphones were released in August 2015 and include wireless charging, Gear VR virtual reality, desktop themes, improved file manager, and a new outer shell. The S6 series does away the removable battery, MicroSD slot, Air Gesture, one-handed mode, Smart Pause and Rotation, Air View, and USB 3.0 support. The Galaxy S6 and edge come with a 5.1-inch display while the edge+ has a 5.7-inch display. They use a Samsung Exynos 7 Octa 7420 processor, store between 32GB and 128GB, have 3-4GB RAM, and 2550 mAH-3000 mAH battery life.
- The Galaxy S7 and S7 edge were released in February 2016 and offer new screen activation options, upgraded tech camera options for low-light and faster autofocus, and a Micro SD card slot. Display sizes are the same as their respective predecessors, as are storage and RAM capacities. Both models use Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 or Samsung Exynos 8890 processors and have 3000 mAH and 3600 mAH battery lives for the S7 and edge respectively.
- The Galaxy S8 and S8+ came out in March 2017 and as an update added an iris scanner, replaced the MicroUSB port with USB-C, replaced S Voice with Bixby, and replaced physical buttons on-screen keys. The S8 device has a 5.8-inch display, the S8+ has a 6.2-inch display, and both have 1440x2960 pixel resolutions. The S8 has a 3000 mAH battery while the S8+ has 3500mAH. Both phones use either Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or Samsung Exynos 8895 processors, store between 64GB and 128GB, and have 4GB RAM.
- The Galaxy S9 and S9+ smartphones made their debut at the Mobile World Congress in February 2018. They feature an improved camera, a fingerprint scanner on the rear of the phone, and an earpiece that doubles as a stereo speaker. The displays are the same as their predecessors, use 9810 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processors, have expandable 64GB storage, 4GB – 6GB RAM, and 3000mAH battery for the S9 and 3500 mAH for the S9+.