Hyundai Elantra Radiators and Parts
The radiator and its various parts are an integral part of your Hyundai Elantra model. When you need to repair a component of your cooling system, you need to find the right Hyundai Elantra radiator parts. Learning more about the system will allow you to get what you need.What does the cooling system do?
The cooling system is responsible for the coolant that cycles through the engine block. As the coolant comes out of the engine, it is cooled down so that when it goes back in, it's a lower temperature. Without a functioning system, hot coolant would go into the engine, causing it to overheat. This can negatively affect the engine and overall performance of the car.What are some of the major components?
There are several Hyundai Elantra radiator parts included in the cooling system to be aware of:
- Support: This is a metal support that will keep the parts in place.
- Hoses: These are responsible for carrying coolant to the various locations.
- Coolant bottle: This is the reservoir that holds the coolant.
- Cap: This goes onto the radiator to form a proper seal.
- Overflow tank: Any extra coolant is kept here.
Replacing the auto parts on your Hyundai Elantra involves opening up the hood. You will want to familiarize yourself with the various components involved in the cooling system. Clamps will need to be undone when accessing the hoses. Additionally, you may need to remove hoses in order to get to certain components. Once you can disconnect a part, it will allow you to remove it and replace it with the new part. It's also important to use the right tools so that you don't damage any auto parts along the way.What are genuine OEM parts?
When shopping for Hyundai Elantra parts, you will find that some are identified as genuine or OEM. These are "Original Equipment Manufacturer" parts that were made specifically for Hyundai. They are what was used when producing your car at the factory. You can choose to buy OEM parts or aftermarket parts, which is what all other brands are known as.How do you choose the right auto parts?
Finding components that fit your Hyundai Elantra are of the utmost importance. There are a few tips to help you.
- Specs: Identify the year and trim level of your Elantra to ensure that the parts fit.
- Kits: Various kits are available that will come with gaskets, mounting hardware, and other items to help with installation.
- Materials: Some parts are available in different materials, allowing you to choose based on durability or other factors.