Treat Yourself to a Pair of Portable Audio Headphones
Technology has brought an unprecedented advent of on-the-go entertainment, none of which would be possible without quality audio. Great music or sound is essential to most pieces of entertainment, whether they're movies, TV shows, music, or video games. To enjoy audio no matter where you are (without bothering those around you) having a good pair of portable audio headphones is a must. You can purchase a variety of makes and brands of portable audio headphones on eBay, including new, used, and Certified Refurbished pairs.
What Are Certified Refurbished Portable Audio Headphones?
Certified Refurbished eBay products are items that are only sold by trusted, eBay-approved sellers. All our Certified Refurbished sellers undergo strict quality control monitoring, ensuring they only sell the best to our eBay buyers. Plus, each Certified Refurbished item sold on eBay comes with a like-new guarantee, a best-in-class 2-year warranty, and free return/replacement policy (valid for 30 days after receiving the product).
How are Headphones Different from Earbuds/Earphones?
While both headphones and earphones are portable audio devices, headphones are bigger, heavier, and go over the ear rather than inside it. Earphones and earbuds, on the other hand, are smaller and are inserted into the ear canal.
What Types of Headphones Are Available?
There are generally two types of headphones: circumaural and supra-aural.
- Circumaural headphones are over-ear headphones that tend to be heavier and have more padding that covers the entire ear, making them more noise-isolating. Noise isolation means clearer sound as outside sounds cannot enter your ears easily.
- Supra-aural headphones are on-ear headphones that are lighter and also padded -- but to a lesser extent as they just go over the ears, leaving space for more external sounds to enter the ear.
- Both circumaural and supra-aural headphones have wired and wireless versions, with the wireless versions usually being Bluetooth headphones. Wireless headphones are perfect for better mobility.
What Devices Can I Use Headphones With?
Headphones can be used with any gadget that has an audio jack, including smartphones, mp3 players, laptops, tablets, and game controllers. The type of jack used between devices may be different in terms of size, though, so be sure to check that when purchasing for a particular device.
Advantages of Using Headphones Over Earphones
Headphones have several advantages over earphones, despite being heavier and larger.
- Headphones offer superior sound quality -- especially in terms of bass and noise-isolation. Purchasing headphones which offer noise-cancellation further improves the experience, making the quality of sound way higher to those offered by earphones.
- Headphones are also generally less harmful to hearing compared to earphones, as the better noise isolation usually means you can enjoy listening to audio without having to turn up the volume too loud.
What Are Some Popular Brands of Headphones?
A well-known range of headphones is Beats by Dre. Other popular brands for headphones include Bose, JBL, and AKG, as well as Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic. Each brand tends to have signature features and different sound quality, so be sure to carefully look through specifications when you buy.