A pedal car is a fun way for kids to get around. Instead of a bicycle, children can drive around in a toy car with adult supervision. This type of vehicle is not electric, making it safe for kids of almost every age.How do pedal cars work?
Pedal cars are easy to operate. The vehicles have multiple tires; depending on the model, there will be three or four. There are then pedals kids can use to move the toy kart down the road. In some instances, there is also a handle in the back for an adult to use to steer the kart.What is the appropriate age for a pedal car?
The age level for these pedal toys will vary. Some models are designed for younger kids while others are designed for older kids who know more about how to pedal a bicycle.
- 3-4 years: These are fun for kids who are just starting to learn how to pedal and may still need adult supervision.
- 5-7 years: For kids who know how to ride a bicycle, these are more stylish. You can find these in many fun designs.
- 8-11 years: These are designed to go faster and are more like a go-kart without the electric power.
A pedal car might need to be assembled before it can go anywhere. You will need to look at the model before you can know whether yours is completely assembled. There might be printed instructions or a video to help you with assembly. Some pedal cars are already assembled and all you have to do is put on decals. You might also have to make some adjustments as your kids grow.How do you look for pedal cars?
When you have a kid who wants a pedal car, it's important to look at how the car operates and what it will look like. By knowing some features, it's easier to choose a kart that children will love. Here are some things to pay attention to:
- Wheel base: Look at the wheel base to determine how fast the car can go.
- Age range: Determine the age range, and check the weight limits for the pedal car.
- Theme: Many of the pedal cars are based on or inspired by television shows, toys, and other popular items.
- Features: Some pedal cars might have working horns, doors that open and close, and many other interesting and useful features.