Patio & Garden Furniture Sets
Turn your outdoor space into a fun hangout spot, with suitable furniture sets. eBay has a wide range of patio and garden furniture that will complement your interior home décor. From sectional and dining sets to sofa and bistro sets, there are a variety of options to choose from. These sets come in different colors, styles and seating capacities. You can also select furniture made out of wicker, resin, metal, plastic or other materials, based on the usage and weather conditions. Check out the 4th of July deals to find new and used furniture of your choice, at the best prices.
What is all-weather patio furniture made out of?
All-weather, or resin, wicker is a commonly used material in the production of outdoor patio furniture. Crafted from synthetic polyethylene, all-weather furniture is designed to resemble furniture made from natural fibers. Valued for its strength and durability, all-weather patio furniture also resists damage from water and the suns ultraviolet rays. The combination of all-weather wicker and aluminum framing results in lightweight patio chairs, tables, and chaise lounges.
How do you clean and disinfect outdoor patio furniture?
Resin wicker is more resilient than natural wicker. However, your all-weather furniture might still need sprucing up periodically. Before you begin cleaning your patio furniture, remove pillows and cushions from the chairs and chaises. Remove loose objects from your tables as well. To clean, follow these steps:
- Prepare cleaning solution: Mix 1/4 cup of liquid dish soap with 2 cups of warm water.
- Clean: Using a soft, clean cloth or sponge and your cleaning solution, gently wipe the surfaces of your furniture. You might find it helpful to use a soft cleaning brush to get between the wicker slats. If you discover tree sap or some other sticky substance, use a grime remover product to remove it.
- Rinse: Use a garden hose to wash away soap.
- Sanitize: If you notice signs of mold or mildew, add a cup of white vinegar to your cleaning solution. This procedure can be used to clean and sanitize your outdoor cushions as well.
- Dry: Once your patio set is dry, you can safely return pillows and cushions to their original places.
How do you waterproof fabric patio umbrellas?
Water- and stain-resistant spray is a great tool that allows you to maintain the look of your patio umbrella. It can also be used on patio pillows and cushions. In addition to wicking away moisture, some stain repellents prevent damage from the suns rays. Be sure to follow these steps when waterproofing your patio fabrics:
- Prepare your umbrella for waterproofing by cleaning it with a cloth or sponge dipped in a water-soap solution.
- Allow your freshly washed umbrella to dry thoroughly.
- After choosing a stain-repellent spray, test your umbrella for colorfastness by spraying the repellent on a small hidden area.
- Spread out your umbrellas or cushions on a large drop cloth to protect your garden from the spray.
- Apply the stain-resistant spray to your fabric. Be sure to spray evenly across the entire surface of the umbrella. Allow everything to dry, and then repeat.