Step Into the Past: Original WWII Collectible US Uniforms Buying Guide
Collecting memorabilia from WWII can be an enjoyable pastime for you if you're a fan of antiques or a history hobbyist. Original WWII collectible uniforms give you a personal piece of WWII history worn by a previous soldier. When you’re searching for affordable World War Two clothing for sale on eBay, you can follow these tips and guidelines to make your search simpler.Some categories of WWII uniforms for sale
There are two main categories when it comes to military uniforms:
- Dress uniforms: This style of uniform usually shows the rank and unit insignia of the soldier. Some will also contain formal awards that the soldier received and will generally have less wear than fatigues since they were worn less often.
- Fatigues: This type of uniform was worn by the soldiers in the field. Fatigues can vary depending on the weather and season that the soldier was deployed. Some preowned clothing from US soldiers includes rain jackets, winter parkas, and field jackets. Some items that were produced in smaller amounts may have a higher price.
When searching for World War Two uniforms for sale, you should consider these tips:
- Condition: The photos and item descriptions will list and show the quality of the uniform. Some items, like fatigues and other field gear, will generally have more wear depending on where the solider was deployed. Unused items sold at military surplus may be in better condition.
- Provenance: Some military uniforms will have the original soldier’s name embroidered or written on the uniform itself. This information can be helpful to know when gauging the price of a particular item you’re looking at.
- Military branch: Some examples include a WWII Army uniform or a WWII Navy uniform along with other branches. When looking at particular jackets, they will sometimes have a unit patch or other identifying information that can make it easier to classify and collect.
- Type: Jackets and tunics will generally have the most identifying information since the medals, patches, and pins are typically displayed on here. There are also coats, pants, hats, and ties that are sold together as a set or separately.
When looking for reasonably priced WWII US uniforms, you should take the time to see what items you want to collect. For items such as pants, boots, or ties, you can generally find wholesale versions that are common among different soldiers. Items such as coats and jackets will be more personalised with the soldier’s information.