Make your Christmas Dramatic with Original Movie Props
Christmas time is the perfect opportunity to express love to a dear one. Movie buffs are easy to buy gifts for, and if you’re lucky enough to have someone like that in your life, eBay’s collection of original movie props is the answer for you. You can find authentic props from the greatest movie franchises of all time including Star Wars, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Saw, and many more. A movie prop memorabilia collectible, unlike other presents, can never lose its value and will surely be appreciated by film enthusiasts. You can find many of these new and used options during eBay’s Black Friday deals.What movie genres have props for sale?
Movie props come from just about every genre of films ever made. These include both older, silent films to the most recent releases. You will find movie props from science fiction, action, documentaries, westerns, crime films, romantic comedies, war films, musicals, epics, superhero, indie films, biographies, and much more. These also include:
First, you will find that there are two major categories of vintage props: original and reproduction. Are you looking for a lightsaber from the Star Wars epics? How about the leg lamp from "A Christmas Story" or the iconic sled named Rosebud from "Citizen Kane?" Originals are frequently called screen-used. Screen-used movie props made an appearance in the actual film, although they may not be the first original. The types of movie props for sale include:
- Wardrobe and costume items
- Furniture and home decor
- Automobiles and other vehicles
- Set design structures and masks
While you may not be looking to purchase the most expensive movie props for sale, the list provides a good guide for some of the most common screen used movie props for sale and reproduction items. Many people have fun with a few screen-used props displayed about the house. These include props such as the Indiana Jones hat, Marty McFly’s hoverboard, the Goldfinger Aston Martin B5, Charlie Chaplin’s cane, the Maltese Falcon and the iconic Dorothy's ruby red slippers. Others include:
- Dorothy's blue and white gingham checked dress from "The Wizard of Oz." The original sold for $480,000 in 2012.
- The do-re-mi costumes from "The Sound of Music." The entire set of costumes worn by Maria and the children sold for $1.3 million in 2013.
- John Travolta's white suit from "Saturday Night Fever." The original sold for $1.2 million in 2012.
- Audrey Hepburn's black and white ascot dress and hat from "My Fair Lady." The original sold for $3.7 million in 2011.