Oral-B is a brand of oral health and hygiene products that was founded in 1950 and taken over by the American multinational consumer goods company Proctor & Gamble in 2006. The first Oral-B toothbrush was designed and patented by Dr. Hutson, whose design featured flexible nylon bristles that were designed to be minimally abrasive when they cleaned the teeth. The Oral-B brand has fading bristles that indicate time for brush replacement, its line of Pro products that mimic the brush that dentists use for pro cleanings, and angled bristles that can clean and care for the back teeth, tongue, and gum tissue.What are the types of Oral-B toothbrushes?
- Whitening: These Oral-B toothbrush products have an insert that polishes away surface stains from the enamel of your teeth.
- Rotating: The company's electric toothbrush products have an option for rotating brush heads that rotate while they clean each tooth.
- Electric: An electric toothbrush uses built-in rechargeable batteries for power. There are several collections of electric toothbrush products by Oral-B, including Vitality, Braun Pro, Pro 1000, and Floss Action. The brush heads can be removed for cleaning and ease of care.
- Manual: These toothbrush products are powered by the movement of your hand.
- Select a style: Choose a Pro electric toothbrush with one or more cleaning modes or a toothbrush pressure sensor that lights up on the handle of the electric toothbrush when you are using too much pressure to care for your teeth.
- Choose a type of toothbrush head: Select Pro toothbrush heads that are angled or straight, soft or medium, rotating or stationary, or that have a built-in whitening cup. The Pro electric toothbrush heads rotate at 5,000 turns per minute or faster.
- Select a toothbrush product type: There are Oral-B Pro kits of replacement brush heads, Oral-B electric toothbrush kits with the brush and one or more toothbrush heads, and Oral-B Pro toothbrush handles.
- Choose a color: Oral-B Pro toothbrush products are available in a range of colors, including white, black, blue, and purple.
- Rechargeable: Oral-B makes several electric toothbrushes, including the Pro and Vitality. They have a built-in battery and a separate base. The batteries can be recharged by placing the toothbrush onto the base and plugging the base into an outlet. The Oral-B electric toothbrush provides an audio cue and flashes an LED indicator when it is time to recharge the toothbrush.
- Replacement heads: An Oral-B electric toothbrush has a removable brush head. The brush heads can be replaced by unscrewing them from the electric toothbrush handle. The Oral-B brush heads have a blue stripe that fades to white when it is time for the brush heads to be replaced.
- Built-in timer: The Oral-B electric toothbrush products have a built-in timer. The timer starts when you push the button on the toothbrush handle to turn it on. The electric toothbrush operates for two minutes and then turns off.