The Oliver company, originally founded by James Oliver in 1852, has produced a series of diesel tractors and other farm equipment throughout its production years. There are many options available when you need to find Oliver tractor parts. Here are some questions that may come up when making a selection of Oliver equipment for your farm, tractor parts, or other applications.What types of tractor part kits are available from Oliver?
You can choose from different types of Oliver tractor parts that can help you repair, maintain, or upgrade your farm's tractor. Here are some of the tractor parts that are available from Oliver.
- Gauge kits: Most gauge kits will be compatible with various Oliver tractor designs. When selecting a kit for your tractor you will want to have a gauge for fuel, engine temperature, RPM, and oil at minimum.
- Gasket kits: When selecting these Oliver kits, you will want to make sure that the parts will fit with your tractor's engine size. Pay special attention to the materials used in the gaskets so that they can form a tight seal. Some materials used will be designed to work in different parts of the tractor's engine.
- Ignition switches: Some switches will be compatible with multiple Oliver tractor models. OEM switches will generally allow you to use the existing keys. Some aftermarket tractor switches may require you to use different wire terminals.
- Engine overhaul kits: These will generally be designed to work with a particular model of Oliver tractor diesel engines. These Oliver kits will usually contain replacement pistons along with the gaskets, seals, and other hardware that may have worn out in the tractor's engine, such as the carburetor.
With the number of options available, selecting replacement parts for your Oliver tractor can be overwhelming and may depend on the kind of work you are doing on your farm. Following these tips can be helpful when you need to find a tractor engine part.
- Know the year and model of your tractor: Some models like the 77 and 99 could have either gasoline or diesel engines, whereas earlier models were available only in diesel.
- Know the engine type: Most Oliver tractors will have diesel engines to power them.
- Choose a part type: You can choose from various OEM or aftermarket manufacturers that produce compatible replacements for your Oliver tractor.
- Select between individual parts or part systems: Some components will come in an assembly. This can be a helpful option if you need multiple parts for your Oliver tractor.
When looking for parts for your Oliver tractor you have different options available. Understanding the options can be helpful when you need to make a selection.
- OEM tractor parts: Original Equipment Manufacturer tractor parts will be produced by the same factory that produced tractor parts that were originally. OEM replacements can be harder to find if they’re no longer in production.
- Aftermarket parts: There are many aftermarket brands available that are designed to follow original Oliver equipment standards. Some aftermarket options may also be an upgrade since designs and materials may have improved since the original parts were created.