Everything You Need to Know When Purchasing Vintage Nikes on eBay
Remember when Nikes were the kicks to have and all the cool kids had them? You can find Nikes with that same nostalgic look and feel on eBay. There are a few things you should keep in mind when shopping for vintage Nikes on eBay in order to help you make a wise purchasing decision.
What kinds of old-school Nike shoes are available on eBay?
Vintage Nike shoes are simply those from another era or decade. You can find vintage Nike shoes from the 1980s all the way up through the 2000s on eBay. Some of the most well-known types manufactured in other eras include:
- Hi-tops: Hi-top basketball shoes are one of the most famous styles 1980s Nike shoes for sale. The hi-top encapsulates the classic Nike look and feel.
- Canvas: Canvas skater shoes are not as widely known as some other types, but they are a comfortable version of the skater shoe and are made out of canvas.
- Slip-ons: Nike slip-ons are some of the rarest of Nike shoes. Sometimes you can find them on eBay at various price points.
- Hiking boots: While Nike has traditionally predominantly been known for its sporting shoes, it has been known to put out some outdoor gear from time to time. Nike hiking boots can be bought for both functional and fashion purposes.
Considerations when buying vintage Nike shoes
Consider the following before purchasing a pair of Nike kicks:
- Value: What is the value of the pair of shoes you are buying? If you are looking at a rarer pair of shoes in mint condition, the value will be much more than a common pair in poor condition.
- Condition: Double-check the picture and the description for the condition of the shoes. If you are paying top dollar for a pair, you want to make sure the condition is what you are looking for. Be prepared to pay for the condition.
- Storage: How were the shoes stored? Have they been stored in a climate-controlled facility, or were they in an attic exposed to the elements?
Styles of vintage Nikes on eBay
You can find many styles of old Nikes for sale on eBay, such as:
- Air Seinfeld Nike: These are classic Nikes from the 1980s.
- Nike Air Barrage: Nike Air Barrages from 1996 come in women's, men's, and children's styles and are quintessential to '90s fashion.
- Air Jordan: Inspired by and famously worn by basketball star Michael Jordan, there are numerous takes on the Air Jordan shoe. Jordan and Nike fans alike collect these.
Vintage Footwear Fans Now Discovering Nike Vintage Shoes for Men
What are some Nike vintage shoes for men?
Some Nike vintage shoes for men include:
- Air Jordan 1
- Nike Air Force 1
- Nike Air Max 1
- Nike Blazer
- Nike Dunk
- Nike Waffle Racer
How can you tell if your Nike men's shoes are vintage?
There are three main methods for determining if your shoes are vintage, especially if you're just learning about Nike vintage clothing, shoes, and accessories. These include:
- Look at the Nike logo since vintage Nike logos are often different from those used on more modern Nike shoes.
- Look at the materials used as vintage Nike shoes are often made with different materials than the modern ones.
- Look at the construction as vintage Nike shoes are often constructed differently compared to more recent Nike shoes.
What are the materials that are used in the Nike vintage shoes for men?
There are a number of materials used, depending on the particular shoe. These materials include:
- Leather uppers
- Padded collars
- Foam insoles
- Rubber soles
What are some of the benefits of owning Nike vintage shoes for men?
Nike vintage shoes for men, like the Jordan OG, are a good way to add a touch of nostalgia to your wardrobe. They're also comfortable and durable, making them a suitable choice even for everyday wear.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nike.