New Balance Shoes For Men
New Balance, or more properly New Balance Athletics Inc., is an American sportswear company headquartered in Boston. Founded in 1906, its first products focused on offering significant arch support. Unlike many other manufacturers in the industry, New Balance maintains manufacturing presence near its markets, with most of its manufacturing taking place within Europe and the USA. While this generally means that New Balance shoes have a higher price than many competitor brands, New Balance offers a greater selection of sizes (including special wide and narrow widths) and special features like foam or gel inserts.
New Balance makes many custom men's shoes and clothing for sports, including iterations for soccer, skateboarding, basketball, cricket, rugby, cycling, tennis, running, and more. Many iterations of New Balance shoes for men are manufactured to match their clothing lines.
What Do New Balance Model Numbers Mean?
New Balance uses a special numeric system to organize their different varieties of shoes they manufacture by technology, size, and purpose. These numbers are generally printed on the underside of the shoe's tongue.
- Higher numbers generally indicate more shoe technology, which can be particularly beneficial if you love running, require more arch support, or are likely to use the shoes very frequently.
- Lower numbers are generally lower in price, and are more traditional walking sneakers which lack specialized gel or foam inserts in the sole or sides.
- The first part of the model number is usually two letters, which indicate the sport the sneakers were designed for. For example, MO means men's outdoor or multisport, and MW means men's walking shoes.
- The last two digits specify the focus of the show model. For example, '40' indicates a variety of shoe evaluated by pediatric experts, which provides maximum foam and gel cushioning and support. A 50 indicates a shoe designed to provide the responsiveness and support needed for fitness running. A number ending in 60 and 70 indicate a focus on stability and light stability, respectively.
What Men's Shoe Widths Does New Balance Offer?
Mens sneakers by New Balance are manufactured with many different width options. Whether you're looking for New Balance options for casual sneakers, running shoes, trail shoes, or sport shoes, you should find that the right size is easy to procure.
- X-Narrow mens shoes are denoted by '2A' on the model number under the shoe tongue.
- Narrow mens shoes are denoted by 'B' on the model number under the shoe tongue.
- Medium (Standard) shoes for men are denoted by 'D' on the model number under the shoe tongue.
- Wide varieties are denoted by '2E' on the model number under the shoe tongue. Many avid runners may prefer a slightly wide shoe, to allow for expansion of the foot after long runs.
- X-Wide size men's shoes are denoted by '4E' on the model number under the shoe tongue. These can be ideal mens running shoes for those who have wide feet.
- XX-Wide are denoted by 6E' on the model number under the shoe tongue.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by New Balance.