The Makita company produces drills that can meet a variety of your construction and building project needs. Many of their drills feature accessories and can operate as brushless, cordless tools when necessary. Makita power tools offer lithium-ion battery packs with their drills, saws, and other power tools.What Makita combination power kits can you buy?
While the company makes and sells single unit tools like cordless drills, cordless impact drivers, and circular saws, the company also sells sets of tools. These combination sets can help you reach your daily construction goals quicker than relying on a single tool or piece of equipment. Because there are so many cordless sets available, it can be helpful to know some of the most versatile ones out there, so that you can make an informed buying choice that meets your needs.
- The XT268T combo kit contains a hammer drill driver and an impact driver. Both tools are brushless and cordless, giving you options for portability. Each item runs on an efficient and powerful lithium-ion battery.
- Makita's XT505 set contains a brushless hammer drill, a brushless impact tool, a circular saw, a reciprocating saw, and a xenon flashlight. All of these items utilize lithium-ion batteries, and you'll also receive a charger that will keep your tools topped up and ready for use.
- If you need extra batteries for any of your tools, you can purchase them separately from Makita. Each LXT battery is compatible with any matching device.
- Any tools available as parts of combination sets are also ready for you to purchase as single units if you already have a collection and just need to add to it.
While many of these tools appear to be very similar at first, most of them offer you different capabilities that serve different purposes. It's a good idea to check out the primary characteristics of each of the major tool configurations. With a working knowledge of their primary functions, you'll be able to choose the right tool or combo set for the job.
- Impact drivers are similar to drill drivers but perform their functions differently. They accept driver bits on the end and are designed to drive longer or fatter screws that may pose problems for standard drills.
- A reciprocating saw operates in much the same way as a traditional handsaw, but it does its job with the help of a powerful motor. These saws are portable and can cut through most construction materials with ease.
- Circular saws will give you power in a portable tool and are useful when you need to make deep, quick cuts. They are most useful when you need to cut around curves.