Replacing Your MacBook Pro i5 Logic Board Made Easy
The MacBook Pro was designed as an all-around workhorse. In its years of existence, technology firm Apple's laptop for professionals is an instant favorite not only among fans but also those who need the combination of nice aesthetics and power in one machine. Considering its following, it is fairly easy to locate a replacement for any part of this beloved laptop.What are the different models included in the MacBook Pro line?
Apple introduced this laptop back in January 2006. The firm has launched a new version of the laptop almost every year. Microprocessor manufacturer Intel's i5 chip found its way to the MacBook Pro line in 2010 when, together with the i7 chip, it was chosen to power the new editions of the professional laptop that year. The following are some of the MacBook Pro laptops that use the i5 processor:
- the Early-2011 Macbook Pro line, particularly the 13-inch model;
- the Late-2011 13-inch Macbook Pro;
- the 13-inch Macbook Pro from the mid-2012 release;
- the touch-enabled Macbook Pro laptops from the mid-2017 release; and
- the 13-inch mid-2018 Macbook Pro.
The MacBook Pro is a well-known laptop, hence finding yourself replacement MacBook Pro logic boards will not be hard. On eBay, a search for MacBook Pro i5 logic board would provide you with the following MacBook Pro logic boards:
- Apple MacBook Pro 13" Mid-2012 A1278 MD101LL/A Logic Board w/ i5 CPU 661-6588 - a new and tested replacement for Apple logic board P/N: 661-6588.
- Apple Macbook Pro 13" A1278 Late 2011 Logic Board w i5-2415M 2.3Ghz CPU 661-5869 - a Macbook Pro i5 logic board replacement tested for the Apple logic board P/N: 661-6588.
- MacBook Pro 13" 2012 A1278 i5 2.5GHz Logic Board 820-3115 Emc. 2554 Mother Board - a completely diagnosed, refurbished Macbook Pro i5 logic board that comes with a 90-day warranty.
Given that there are many models included in the MacBook Pro line, there are logic boards specifically manufactured for each of these models. However, be aware that the MacBook Pro logic board is an important part of your device. Taking the do-it-yourself route is not recommended if you are a novice in repairing computers. But, you do have the freedom to choose which MacBook Pro logic board fits for your laptop. The following are recommendations when picking a logic board on Macbook Pro:
- Check the part number to determine compatibility;
- Ask whether the part is new or refurbished; and
- Ask for a warranty.