Gaming with Computer Keyboards
Logitech established a reputation for building some of the most impressive mechanical gaming keyboards on the market with high-tech mechanical switches and a user-friendly gaming software. They are responsive and robust with customizable RGB lighting for highlighting important keys and additional wrist rests for added comfort. The companys Romer-G switches are favored by many and its gaming keyboards come with either Romer-G Tactile or Romer-G Linear switches.
What Is a Gaming Keyboard?
Specifically designed for gaming, these Logitech G keyboards are smaller and have a limited number of keys when compared to a standard keyboard.
- The keys contain an ergonomic arrangement and allow for rapid depression during fast video gaming without requiring access to a mouse.
- They usually feature a WASD layout with the most commonly used keys of W, A, S, and D placed in the optimal configuration.
- Gaming keyboards can either connect to your laptop wirelessly so you can use them anywhere in the room or through a cable at the back of the keyboard.
Why Should You Use a Gaming Keyboard?
A mechanical gaming keyboard is preferable over a standard keyboard due to its reduced size, meaning it won’t take up as much space on your desk. You can also easily rest them in your lap while gaming from the comfort of a lounge chair.
- Gaming keyboards are usually more ergonomic for their purpose than a standard keyboard, helping to reduce hand fatigue that you can experience when you spend long periods playing. The buttons are more accessible to the fingertips, meaning you don’t have to move your entire hand to access them, and gamers can easily create a macro to automate a series of mouse button events.
- Mechanical gaming keyboards are particularly popular with first-person shooter games and third-person action-adventure games, which benefit from the use of the WASD keys.
Which Features Should You Look for in a Gaming Keyboard?
One of the first things you may want to consider is size since gaming keyboards come in a wide variety of designs. Keep in mind that by going too small, you may compromise on dedicated function keys for volume, play/pause, and rewind, with these functions requiring a two-key press on some gaming keyboards.
- A keyboard with a wrist rest for added support should be a consideration when you are prone to tightness and stress. Keyboards with a USB port allow you to add a mouse or wireless adapters and thumb drives.
- Romer-G is a mechanical gaming switch with a fast and quiet actuation coupled with bright, sharp lighting. Gaming keyboards are available with Romer-G Tactile, which features a discernible bump, while the Romer-G Linear offers a fluid and smooth keystroke.
- Romer-G Tactile is perfect for competitive first-person shooter gaming, while the Romer-G Liner is ideal for action games and massively multiplayer online gaming.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Logitech.