Expand Your Collection With Lincoln Shield Penny US Coin Errors
Whether you are an experienced coin collector looking for the double-eared Lincoln Shield penny or a beginner with a special interest in US coin errors, you will find a wide selection from which to choose on eBay. Before moving forward with your decision, you may want to consider the following points about these unique coins.How do you find the right Lincoln Shield penny errors?
Consider the following key categories to narrow down your search for an affordable Lincoln Shield penny US coin error:
- Year: The years of production for Lincoln Shield penny errors start in 1943 when the first pennies were produced and reach to the present day. If you have a specific year in mind, like 2018 penny errors, you will quickly narrow down your search results to penny errors that meet your specifications.
- Composition: The new and used Lincoln Shield penny US coin errors are available in copper or bronze compositions.
- Circulated/Uncirculated: When these coins have been circulated, they may exhibit more wear because they've been introduced to the public and used as currency. An uncirculated version will likely exhibit less wear because it was never released to the public.
- Grade: The different grades for this coin are MS 66, MS 63 and P1.
- Price: Price tends to increase with the uniqueness of the coin error. Is it a rare find? Is it an older coin error? These variables will make the price fluctuate up or down, so it is wise to keep your budget restrictions in mind during your search.
To further understand which preowned Lincoln Shield penny US coin error most fits your collection, you may want to consider which one of the unique features for which you are searching. Some widely known and available coin errors include the double-eared Lincoln, the double-dyed, the off-centered date, or the doubling of detail errors. Deciding between which strike type you prefer, business or proof may also aid you in your decision. The coin errors of this type were minted in Denver, Philadelphia, or West Point, which is another feature that may help you refine your choices.Recognizing the different certification types
Lincoln Shield penny errors are certified by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS), American Numismatic Association Certification Service (ANACS), and Independent Coin Graders (ICG). Another coin certification type associated with the Lincoln Shield US coin errors is US Mint certification. Uncertified coins may be the most inexpensive Lincoln Shield penny US coin errors, but they are also likely to carry a lower resale value.Content provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice.