The Land Rover brand name is synonymous with four wheel drive off-road and on-road cars. The earliest Land Rover was the brainchild of British car designer Maurice Wilks. Working with a Jeep chassis and axles as a basis, Wilks and his brother assembled the first version of the car in 1947. Since that time, the car's makers have introduced numerous models, including off-road vehicles and compact, mid-size, and full-size SUVs.What are some different Land Rover models?
Land Rover models can be grouped according to size. Relevant size categories include full-size, mid-size, and compact:
- Full-size cars: Full-size Land Rovers include the Land Rover Range Rover Classic and the Range Rover.
- Mid-Size cars: Mid-size Land Rovers include the Land Rover Discovery series (Land Rover Discovery 1, Discovery 2, Discovery 3, Discovery 4, and Discovery 5), Range Rover Velar, Range Rover Sport, and Range Rover Sport 2.
- Compact cars: Options for compact models include the Freelander, Freelander 2, Discovery Sport, and Range Rover Evoque.
Categorized as a mid-size luxury SUV, the Range Rover Sport offers many interior, exterior, and performance-related features, including the following:
- Exterior design features: The Sport has a comparatively short frame, wraparound LED lights, daytime running lights, integrated exhaust finishers, and an updated bumper look.
- Interior design features: Inside the vehicle, drivers find ambient lighting, Touch Pro Duo, and leather seating in a range of colors.
- Performance-related features: Features affecting the driving experience include adaptive dynamics, a CommandShift 2 gear lever, gearshift paddles on the steering wheel, optional configurable dynamics, adaptive cruise control, and head-up display with high-resolution color graphics.
Touch Pro Duo is the term used in reference to the information/entertainment system found in the Land Rover Range Rover. Touch Pro Duo consists of several 10-inch high-resolution touchscreens. These dual touchscreens enable the driver to see and process vital information while interacting with other interior features.Why is the Land Rover Evoque considered a crossover vehicle?
The Range Rover model that is dubbed the Evoque is generally referred to as a crossover SUV. The term "crossover" refers to a vehicle that resembles a standard sports utility vehicle in certain respects and a passenger car in other respects. The Evoque, while it boasts many features typical of off-road sports utility vehicles, features a unitary platform that is more typical of passenger cars designed for on-road use.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Land Rover.