A Jeep Wrangler for Every Occasion
Take your pick of used, new, and certified pre-owned Jeep Wranglers that are made to travel in preferred terrains. These off-road and on-road SUVs hold up to heavy-duty or lighter usage. Drive your Jeep along the beach, pull your boat, or take a Wrangler to the top of a mountain.How Long Has Jeep Been Making Wranglers?
The manufacturer has a long history since the 1940's that continued through the 1960's and beyond and still produces compact and mid-size Wranglers and has been doing so for years, since 1986. During that time, the car evolved from World War II models used by the military to cars used daily by the public. Jeep changed the design in 1996 and gave the car a makeover in 2006. The SUV is widely known for its separate body and frame and rigid front and rear axles, but it is also renowned for giving owners peace of mind when driving the rugged vehicle in all kinds of weather.What Design Changes Have Been Made to Wranglers?
- Suspension: Jeep continues to upgrade Wrangler suspension by adding links called trackbars and stabilizer bars to travel over rough roads. The Wrangler YJ7 debuted in 1987 and included a leaf spring suspension that has wider springs to improve comfort and handling. TJ and JK models have longer 20-inch wheelbases providing roomier interiors. The newest fourth-generation JL SUV models are 2.5 and 3.5 inches longer than previous Wranglers.
- Headlights: Models made from 1987 to 1995 have rectangular-shaped headlights. To give the vehicles a more modern look, the manufacturer redesigned succeeding models with round headlamps.
- Grille Changes: The Jeep Wrangler evolved from earlier models with flat grilles to angled grilles on later models. To improve the vehicle's aerodynamics, they made slight changes to the JL's grille and windshield angles.
- As early as 1986, Jeep Wranglers included part-time, four-wheel drive suitable for paved surfaces. You can also use the system full time when driving in snow, mud, and other types of terrain.
- Convenience features include power windows, remote door locks, and detachable sway bars. Depending on the model, you can choose two or four-door cars to fit your lifestyle.
- Newer Rubicon models have remote keyless entry, or you can choose a Sahara Wrangler equipped with fender flares and embroidered seats. Additionally, other trim packages offer heavy-duty suspension with gas shock and power-heated mirrors.
- A 2019 Wrangler retains the original Jeep character while offering options for a turbocharged engine and 8-speed automatic transmission. The soft-top roof is easier to remove and is adjustable, so you can regulate air and sunshine based on your preference.
Content is for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jeep.