Ford Explorer Car and Truck Interior Switches and Controls
The Ford Explorer SUV comes with a number of controls and switches to make each drive easier and more comfortable. If one of these controls breaks, little things like listening to music and opening the window can become impossible. Fortunately, you can find replacements for almost any Ford vehicle part, including switches and knobs.What are some Ford control types?
Especially if it's one little thing that goes wrong with your Explorer, all of the choices can seem daunting at first glance. Here are a few of the more common parts your vehicle may need.
- Power Window Switches: This Explorer part comes with a master control set for the car driver's side and smaller sets for passengers. Because of the way this Ford part comes bundled together, even if only one control button breaks, you should replace the whole unit. In some cases, Ford Explorer power window switches also bundle together with lock switches.
- Cruise Control: If you're on a long drive, Explorer cruise controls let you give your foot a rest. This two-sided Ford Explorer part attaches to your steering wheel and to your car's transmission wiring. If one side breaks, you should replace the whole unit.
- Audio Console: Most Ford Explorers come with non-standard audio consoles that don't follow the standard DIN and double-DIN sizes. As such, if something happens to your Explorer's audio console, you will have to find a replacement specifically tailored for your vehicle.
- Wiper Blade Controls: This Ford control comes as a single unit attached to the steering column. In addition, a separate button controls the rear wiper.
- Seat Adjuster: If any of the automated Ford Explorer seat controls break, changing drivers can become difficult, even dangerous. Replacements for this Ford part will generally work on either the right or left and are interchangeable.
- Exterior Mirror Control: If your Explorer's exterior mirrors get knocked out of sync in the middle of a drive, it can be a safety hazard. You can find individual replacements for this car part.
- Central Console Knobs and Switches: In addition to the sound system, your Explorer's console also has other important buttons. This may include interior temperature and features like the SUV power lift gate. The power lift gate has multiple buttons, including an exterior button on the rear door itself. All of these parts can be individually replaced as needed.
- Light Controls: Another Explorer part which may be essential for safety, you can replace all lighting controls individually. This includes Explorer headlight controls, dimmers, and interior lights.
Ford vehicles including the Ford Explorer often come with specially designed parts that vary depending on model and year. As such, you will want to make sure to find a part that fits your car specifically. In some cases, for example cruise-control switches, the same part may work in multiple Ford vehicles. In other cases, such as central audio consoles, the dimensions need to be very precise. If you need a new audio console, make sure to find one designed for your specific make, model, and year.