Instrument Clusters for Nissan Frontier
The Nissan Frontier, also known as the Nissan Navara outside of the United States, is a powerful truck that offers great power with classic Nissan technology. But in order to know how fast you're going, how far you've driven, and when there is a problem with your car, you need a clear, powered instrument cluster in your Nissan Frontier. Clusters in the Frontier have evolved rapidly as the technology has progressed, so different years and models of the Nissan will have different displays involved.What is an instrument cluster?
Also known as the digital dashboard or the digital instrument panel by some mechanics, the instrument cluster is a set of digital readouts of vehicle information. Rather than have information represented using an analog system, the instrument cluster in the Nissan uses the extensive computer system and integration to show values such as speed, mileage, and more. This is done via a digital display, where many of the readouts are displayed using smart, high-powered LEDs that are visible even in bright light. Some newer cars have begun to include the heads-up-display as a segment of the cluster as well.What parts are in a Nissan Frontier instrument cluster?
The Nissan Frontier has multiple different readouts and individual parts to its instrument cluster. Here are the major components featured in this vehicle's digital cluster.
- Speedometer: As with most cars, the Nissan Frontier features a prominent speedometer. This speedometer accurately tells you the speed you're going in both miles per hour and kilometers per hour.
- Tachometer: Another feature of the Nissan's instrument cluster is its engine speed gauge, or tachometer. This tells you how many rotations per minute the motor is getting. Many older trucks will have this as an old-school readout, but more recent Nissan vehicles have started to feature this as a digital component.
- Odometer: A digital reading will tell you exactly how many miles you've driven in your vehicle. It can also be set for individual trips without resetting the total mileage of the car.
- Warning lights: Various lights alert you if there is any potential problem with your Nissan Frontier. This is an extremely well-integrated system, as the digital cluster directly communicates with the smart computer system in the vehicle.
- Gas gauge and heat gauge: Two individual readouts tell you how much gas is left in your tank and how hot your engine is, respectively. Though most older Nissan Frontier models will have both of these as analog gauges, recent cars will have this as part of their digital instrument cluster.