Industrial Electric Motors: Power What You Need
If you have had a machine that has been without power or you know it will be soon, then buying an electric motor may be just what you need. Electric motors are small, powerful, and reliable. No matter what sort of motor you need, you are sure to find one out of eBay’s many reasonably priced new and used electric motors for sale.What types of industrial electric motors will you find?
Industrial electric motors come in a wide variety. These are some of the more common types of electric motors for sale that you will need to choose between:
- Blower motors – These power the blower in most HVAC and other systems that require a blower.
- Definite purpose motors – You will find motors for specific saws, air compressors, evaporators, and even spa pools amongst other things in this section of industrial electric motors for sale.
- General purpose motors – Just as it sounds, these motors can be customized to use in a variety of applications.
- Industrial electric gearmotors – These consist of an electric motor and a gearbox. They are great for high-torque applications that operate at low speeds.
- Permanent magnet motors – A brushless electric motor that uses magnets rather than winding. These usually power electric car components.
- Pump motors – These power a wide variety of pumps.
- Starter motors – These control the electric current to the motor as it starts.
- Stepper motors – These divide full rotations into seamless equal steps so that it can power more with less.
- Servo motors – These control angular and linear positions by constantly adjusting acceleration. An example where you would find these would be in 3D printers.
- Vibration motors – You will find these in a applications such as coin machines, where vibration is required to do its job.
The biggest thing when you are choosing a replacement electric motor is to make sure that the nominal rated input voltage is the same. If you choose a higher voltage, then you may blow other components in the circuit. If you choose a lower voltage, then you may not have enough power to run your machine properly.What to look for when buying used electric motors for sale
Aside from making sure you are getting the right motor for your application with the correct voltage, you want to inquire about the motor’s life when you are looking for a used electric motor for sale. If the motor was used for a purpose it was not engineered for, then it will likely have more wear than it should. Used motors come in a variety of conditions, so choose one that suits its intended use.