Husqvarna is one of the manufacturers of forest and garden management products. The Husqvarna brand creates everything from lawn equipment, such as mowers, cultivators, and trimmers to chainsaws and other tools and accessories. The brand has been producing tools and accessories for indoor and outdoor purposes for over 300 years.Which size chainsaw do you need for your project?
First, determine if the Husqvarna chainsaw equipment is to be used by a consumer (occasional use) or a professional. Next, you must determine the correct length of the chain's drive link count, the pitch, which is the distance between three consecutive rivets divided by two, and the gauge, or width, of the drive link of the chain. Consider whether the user will be using the chainsaw for jobs that go against the grain of the wood. In that case, the company recommends that you use a ripping chain, which is specially designed to handle this type of work. These factors help determine the correct Husqvarna chainsaw for the job.What fuel is required for the chainsaw to function?
Husqvarna suggests using lead-free gasoline of decent quality with a minimum octane rating of 89. Utilizing a lower grade than 89 can cause the engine to "knock" or "ping," which creates a source of instability. This can lead to a high engine temperature. Also, when cutting in conditions requiring continuously high engine revving, like cutting tree limbs, Husqvarna states that using a higher octane gas is recommended.
- Only purchase enough fuel such that it is used within 30 days.
- A ratio of 50:1 gasoline to two-stroke saw engine is recommended.
- The brand recommends using a clean container for the gasoline.
- Husqvarna suggests avoiding two-stroke oil intended for water-cooled engines, also known as outboard oil.
- The brand suggests avoiding the use of oil rated for four-stroke engines.
Chainsaw engines are designed to breathe even in the dirtiest environments. However, for safety reasons, as well being a good maintenance regimen, it is important to clean the saw air filter at the end of every day of use even if it is light use. Paper filters can be changed out and recycled with new ones. But if your tool uses foam filters, then this requires a bit more work. Foam filter users should do the following:
- Carefully remove foam air filter from the saw.
- Wash using warm, soapy water.
- Let dry.
- Apply filter oil and squeeze excess.
- Reassemble the saw air filter.