Honda Complete Outboard Boat Engines
Honda has been in operation since 1946. Well-known for more than just vehicles, Honda is a significant producer of outboard motors with high quality and reliability. The company designs outboards with many different power levels. Patented Marine technology helps these engines run consistently. Some of the available models are Evinrude, Mercury, Yamaha, and Suzuki.What is included in marine technology?
- iST, Intelligent Shift and Throttle, provides enhanced docking, steering, speed control, throttle tuning, and the ability to use up to four engines and two control stations.
- VTEC enables the engine to receive power smoothly, and it allows for heightened power and fuel efficiency.
- Separate dual air circuits allow for better unit combustion due to the availability of cooler, denser air.
- Torsion dampeners allow for improved handling and better maneuverability due to the lower center of gravity.
Each 2 to 20 HP motor has either one or two cylinders; the shaft length is between 15 and 25 inches. While forced air cools the 2 HP motor, the remaining outboard engines are water cooled.
Each 25 HP to 100 HP engine has three cylinders and consists of a 15-inch or greater shaft. Additionally, each outboard is water cooled. Every engine, other than the 25 or 30 HP motor, utilizes a programmed fuel injected system.What features do the 2 to 20 HP models have?
Rated at 2.3 HP, the BF2.3 has a water displacement of 57.2 CCs and an RPM of 5,000 to 6,000. It weighs 30 pounds. The BF8, 8 HP, RPM of 4,500 to 5,500, and weighs from 92 to 115 pounds. The BF8 has a water displacement of 222 CCs. The BF20, 20 HP has a water displacement of 350 CCs, an RPM of 5,000 to 6,000, and weighs from 104 to 110 pounds.What are some 25 HP to 100 HP outboard motors?
- Rated at 25 HP, the BF25 has a water displacement of 552 CCs, an RPM of 5,000 to 6,000, and weighs from 115 to 160 pounds.
- Rated at 50 HP, the BF50 has a water displacement of 808 CCs, an RPM of 5,500 to 6,000, and weighs from 214 to 223 pounds.
- Rated at 75 HP, the BF75EFI has a water displacement of 1,496 CCs, an RPM of 5,000 to 6,000, and weighs 359 pounds.
- Rated at 100 HP, the BF100 has a water displacement of 1,496 CCs, an RPM of 5,500 to 6,300, and weighs from 359 to 365 pounds.
Store your motor in a dry area as this will reduce barnacle and other potential water-related damage. Use the recommended oil for your outboard. Each time you use your outboard, evaluate your oil and oil seal for any potential problems. Change your oil, anodes, and other components in your outboard motor every six months. Inspect your clamps and bellows every 12 months, and replace them if needed.