Mitsubishi Outlander Headlights
Headlights are one of the main components on your Mitsubishi Outlander SUV that keep you safe when visibility on the road is low. If your headlights do not work as intended or you want to customize your Outlander, changing out the headlights is an option. If you are looking for replacement headlights for your vehicle, you have a wide variety of options to choose from.What types of headlights are available for the Outlander?
There are four main types of headlights that you can choose from for your Mitsubishi SUV. They include:
- Composite headlights: These headlights come in several pieces so that you can replace the headlight bulb without having to replace the entire housing assembly.
- Sealed headlights: The housing assembly on these headlights are sealed into a single unit, meaning the individual bulbs cannot be replaced.
- Projector headlights: Projectors refocus the light that is reflected in the housing and direct it through a lens. This results in a brighter stream of light. These headlights have a unique and stylish look to them.
- Reflector headlights: These headlights have a reflective housing that magnifies the intensity of the light that is produced by the bulb. Some of the light is scattered as it leaves the housing assembly as a result, making them less bright than projector headlights.
When you are looking to replace your vehicle's headlights, you will need to decide between an OEM headlight or an aftermarket headlight. There are differences between the two:
- OEM headlights: Headlights that have the OEM label were made by the manufacturer that made the original headlights for your Mitsubishi. Although the headlights may have different packaging, they meet the exact specifications of the Mitsubishi Outlander and often have the branding on the part.
- Aftermarket headlights: These headlights are made by manufacturers that did not make the original parts of your vehicle. If you are looking for aftermarket parts, be sure to check that it is compatible with your Mitsubishi.
Occasionally, you may have a headlight bulb that burns out. This can make it difficult to see the road in front of you at night when you are driving your Mitsubishi Outlander, so you should consider replacing the bulb as fast as possible. Changing a headlight bulb is a relatively simple process. To change the bulb, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the hood of your Outlander, and locate the plug that connects to the headlight bulb.
- Step 2: This plug may be held in place by a metal or plastic harness, so pull the plug out by removing the harness. The bulb should come out with the plug.
- Step 3: Push or screw the replacement bulb into the headlight, being careful not to touch the bulb's glass.
- Step 4: Replace the plug and the harness. Close the hood of your Mitsubishi, and dispose of the original burned-out headlight.