Chevrolet Corvette Headlights
A timeless classic, your Chevrolet Corvette, whether hardtop or convertible, is an electrifying, sleek sports car loaded with spectacular features. Your Corvettes headlights are one of the more important items to think about in terms of safety. Replacing your affected headlights with high-quality models will retain your visibility while keeping you driving safely.How do you choose the proper Chevrolet headlights?
With the exception of brakes, nothing impacts your driving safety more than the visibility your headlights provide. Regardless of whether the headlights are lighting your way on a stormy night driving home or allowing other drivers to see you, maintaining bright headlights in proper working order is a must.
When deciding to replace or upgrade the current headlights or bulbs in your Chevrolet, you have a large assortment to choose from. Advances in technology have resulted in a number of new options for the Chevrolet, including:
- Halogen bulbs - Halogen bulbs allow your headlights to shine for around 500 hours. They do tend to lose their brightness as they are used.
- HID bulbs - HID stands for High Intensity Discharge. These bulbs use xenon gas as their power source to create a strong light that shines a bright bluish-white to allow you desired visibility.
- LED lights - LED-powered headlights are luminous and energy-efficient. LED options produce far less heat than others while shining brighter than other options. This technology creates higher visibility with little wear on the headlight components.
Keep the year and specific make and model in mind, such as the Corvette Grand Sport, when browsing the different options for your Chevrolet Corvette. For example, a Stingray coupe may need a different size headlight than a convertible. Carefully inspect the headlightu001as specifications to ensure itu001as a suitable match for your Chevrolet Corvette.How do you change the Corvettes headlights?
Changing out the headlights on your Chevy Corvette or Stingray isnt difficult. Youll need a few things to accomplish this task, including a Phillips head screwdriver, replacement low-beam bulbs, and replacement high-beam bulbs.
- Step 1: Getting set up. First, you will open the Chevrolets headlight doors by quickly switching the headlights on and then off. This will allow the headlight doors to stay open but the lights will not be powered on.
- Step 2: Remove the bezel. Unscrew and remove the bezel that covers the headlights acting as a protector so that you can access the headlights.
- Step 3: Remove the bulbs. Next, youll be able to see the larger bulb, which is the low beam and the smaller bulb, which is the high beam. Unscrew the bulbs you intend to change out carefully. Then you can screw in the new replacement bulbs. Check to make sure they turn on properly before replacing the bezel in your Chevrolet Corvette coupe.