Shop by Category
Save on Handcrafted & Artisan Jewelry
- Horn Ring - Q10400$7.80Trending at $11.50
- Natural, Cognac, Baltic Amber Drop Pendant in solid 925 Sterling Silver #1226$10.95Trending at $18.95
- Genuine Baltic Amber Brown Celtic Drop Earrings in 925 Sterling Silver #1100$15.95Trending at $19.20
- Natural Clear Quartz Necklace on 30" Non-tarnish Chain. Bohemian Healing Crystal$14.99Trending at $16.53
- Size 7 1/4, Size O, Size 55, Cognac, BALTIC AMBER Ring, STERLING SILVER #1634$19.95Trending at $43.60
- 4001 Bull Ring Classic (1 Pair) FACTORY SALE from Bull Ring Factory Direct$24.63Trending at $24.99
- Red Coral, Crushed Inlay Medium 1/2 oz$11.14Trending at $11.91
EXTRA 75% OFF WHEN YOU SPEND $7 OR MOREFrom dakota-kids-n-scrabble-shop
EXTRA 25% OFF WHEN YOU BUY 2 OR MOREFrom jewelsbyjackiecom
EXTRA $5 OFF EACH ITEMFrom reemajolie
BUY 2, GET 1 FREE (add 3 to cart)From beadscorner
EXTRA 20% OFFFrom kit4seaglass
BUY 2, GET 1 FREE (add 3 to cart)From badappledesigns04
EXTRA 15% OFFFrom halfoff-shop
BUY 3, GET 1 FREE (add 4 to cart)From accessory.spot
- DIY: Make Cameo Jewelry from WaxDIY crafts are a common pastime, with popular social media sites full to bursting with great craft ideas. Meanwhile, cameo jewelry has seen a huge comeback in the fashion industry. Making cameo jewelry...
- Top 5 Ways to Create a Signature Look for Your Homemade JewelryArtisans who createhomemade jewelry tend to express their unique perspectives in their work, and when you create your own jewelry, you are likely making something that is uniquely “you.” Creating a signature...
Hot This Week
- Lokai Bracelets, Original Colors, Small, Medium, Large or Extra Large Size, USA$5.9524 sold
- Men's 6mm Natural Gemstone Carved Tube Charm Round Beads Bracelet 7.5" Handmade$2.9924 sold
- US State Quarter Coin Ring ANY STATE Sizes 4-14 HIGHEST QUALITY! Free Shipping!$5.6723 sold
- 5 Pcs Dreadlock Beads Dread Hair Braid Cuff Tube Clip Adjustable Hair Rings Set$1.4820 sold
- 925 Sterling Silver Real Gemstones Earrings ! Affordable Wedding Jewelry NEW$4.5019 sold
- CAGE Earrings, 925 Sterling Silver Gemstones Highly Polished Discount Jewelry$6.5018 sold
- Handmade Disciples Horseshoe Nail Cross Necklace New$5.0017 sold
- JFK Kennedy Half Dollar Coin Ring 1971-1999 Choose your Date Sizes 6-14 Birthday$12.9915 sold
You May Also Like
Make an Offer
- Vintage Authenic Mercury Dime Pendant w/ 18" silver Necklace$4.49Free shippingMake Offer
- 925 Sterling Silver Gold Vermeil Hammered ring Size 8.5$32.75Free shippingMake Offer
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
What Is Artisan Jewelry?
Artisan jewelry is handcrafted jewelry that offers an exciting alternative to the mass-produced pieces found in many stores. Often made at home, artisan jewelry is the work of a skilled artist, often using old techniques handed down through generations to create something that is full of character and expresses the personality and craft of the creator. Subtle variances when making products by hand means every piece is unique, allowing the wearer the special feeling of owning something nobody else has.
How Can You Identify Artisan Jewelry?
A piece of true artisan-quality jewelry is creative and fresh, with unique design and craft elements that make it stand out. Jewelry made by setting gemstones into store-bought findings is handmade, but it does not reach the heights of artisan jewelry, where an artist creates every component by hand. The design does not have to be complicated to qualify as artisan; simple designs finished with great skill are just as impressive. The quality of the artisanship is the most telling factor. Burrs, plier marks, rough edges, and exposed wire ends are signs of inferior quality. Additionally, many artisans sign their work, which adds value to the piece if the creator is, or becomes, well-known.
Is Artisan Jewelry the Same As Fine Jewelry?
Artisan jewelry can be fine jewelry, bridge jewelry, or fashion jewelry. Fine jewelry incorporates precious metals and stones and is the most expensive. Fashion jewelry comprises base metals, synthetic stones, and plastic, for cheaper products that still look fabulous. Bridge jewelry falls between the two extremes, and uses precious and semi-precious stones.