Nissan Titan Grilles
The front grille plays a vital role in allowing fresh air to reach the engine while protecting it from rocks and other road debris. Many Nissan Titan owners also use the front grille to customize their vehicle or give it personality. From bull bars to brush guards, there are many different grilles available to choose from.What types of Nissan Titan front end grilles are there?
When you are looking for front grille guards and additional protection like brush guards and bull bars for your Nissan, you have a number of options available, including:
- Full grille guards: These grille guards are designed to protect the entire front of your truck, including the headlights, by mounting the front frame. This style offers enhanced protection for your pickup.
- Center grille guards: These guards are similar to full grille guards, but don't fully wrap around the front of your Nissan truck. They offer protection for the center of the vehicle, instead.
- Mesh grilles: These grilles are made with intertwined pieces of high-quality metal. They can give your Nissan Titan a smooth, sleek look while still protecting the important components from road debris.
- Bull bars: A bull bar protects the bumper and headlights. It protects the truck's engine from rocks and detritus. They are often used in conjunction with other types of grilles to add additional protection.
Many grilles made for the Nissan Titan are made from three materials:
- ABS plastic: This high-quality plastic is lightweight and can be used to make a wide variety of grilles. Front grilles made from ABS plastic usually have a chrome-plated finish that matches your Nissan's accents.
- Aluminum: This lightweight, durable material has a long lifespan. Some aluminum grilles are polished to give the front end of the Nissan Titan a gleaming look. However, other finishes are available. Aluminum can be brushed to give it a matte effect, or it can be finished in black.
- Stainless steel: Grilles made from stainless steel generally have a long lifespan and offer superior protection. The steel resists rust and continues to shine for a long time.
There are two main ways to install a replacement grill on your Titan:
- OEM and aftermarket replacements: If you are installing a replacement grille that was made by the original manufacturer, you can unbolt the old grille and put the replacement in. If you are installing an aftermarket grille that has been made to fit your Nissan, you may need to drill some additional holes to properly mount the grille.
- Inserts: Some grille inserts can be installed directly over the original Titan grille. They often just need to be snapped into place using the included brackets or automotive-grade adhesives.