Choosing a GoPro Digital Camera
When it comes to action cameras, GoPro is probably at the top of everyone's list. The average buyer might not consider purchasing a video camera to take still photos, but eBay sellers offer the one exception to that rule. The various Hero models take time-lapsed and offers clear pictures with its wide angle lens. In addition to recording a straight video, users can create a time-lapse movie by capturing a scene at preset intervals. Don't forget the many accessories from mountable cases to water protective cases that ensure you shoot the footage you want at the angle and view you need.
Which Features Should You Consider Before Purchasing a Camera?
- Resolution - To get high-quality video or photographs the resolutions need to be a level that delivers what you expect and what you need.
- Video - The Hero 7 captures footage in Ultra HD 4K resolution. What's more, in 1080p, the user can adjust the frame rate up to 120 fps for slow-motion playback.
- Photo - When it comes to photographs, the Hero 5 offers a 12 MP resolution, while its "little brother," Hero 5 Session, offers a 10 MP still images.
- Audio - An integrated mic provides excellent audio quality, but if that isn't enough, an external microphone adapter is available for connecting a 3.5mm mic for even better audio quality.
- Frame Rates - The higher the frame rate, the smoother the image quality.
- Memory - Store more information on a microSD media card thanks to H264 compression.
- Connectivity - Connect to other devices wirelessly via WiFI or share videos and photos via a USB connection.
What Are The Benefits of Owning an Action Digital Camera?
- Waterproof - Since you never know where the next adventure will take you, a waterproof camera means a little drizzle or a deep dive won't stop you.
- Size and Weight - While a bulky video recorder would hamper your ability to the shot, a lightweight camera comes to the rescue.
- Voice Command - Some cameras let you speak the commands, "Start Recording" or "Take a Photo."
What Are The Mounting Options?
- Wrist - Use a wrist strap while hitting the slopes and show friends what's it's like to ski down a mountain or while surfing and show off the beauty of clear blue water.
- Car - Use a car mount to turn your action digital camera into a dash cam to keep an eye on traffic.
- Headband - While biking the trails at your favorite spot, use a headband to live stream the ride.
- Extension Pole - Selfies are not just for your smartphone. Connect the Hero 7 Silver Edition to a pole and tell your friends to smile.
- Anywhere - The truth of the matter is you can clip an action camera to just about anywhere—your shirt, leg, handlebars, anywhere that will give you an awesome action shot is a place you want the camera to be.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by GoPro.