GT Mountain Bikes
In 1972 Gary Tuner created the first BMX racing bike, giving rise to GT Bicycles. GT bicycles offer both pavement and mountain bikes for men, women, and children. In addition to pavement and mountain bikes, GT Bicycles also produces a line of BMX bikes.What is the GT triple-triangle design?
Instead of being attached to the seat tubes as in most other bikes, seat stays are attached to a tube just in front of the seat tube while remaining parallel to the downtube of the bike. Because the tubes are positioned in this way, the frames of these GT bikes are shaped like three triangles which results in increased stiffness of the frame.What GT bikes feature the triple-triangle design?
The triple-triangle design is found on GT's hardtail mountain bikes GT. Such bikes are classified as having a single solid frame. A few of the GT hardtail mountain bikes that feature this design are:
- GT Timberline - The GT Timberline comes in many colors, such as metallic blue and forest green. Older models of the GT Timberline are collectors’ items.
- Pantera Elite - The Pantera Elite has oversized tires for precise pedal control and improved traction on all terrains.
- Avalanche Comp - The Avalanche Comp includes features such as GT statement grips and 14G stainless wheel spokes.
In addition to manufacturing hardtail mountain bikes, GT also makes full suspension mountain bikes. Most of these full suspension mountain bikes can be found in extra-small, small, medium, and large sizes. A full suspension bike has a shock absorber over the rear wheel, while a hardtail bike has a suspension fork at the front. Some of the full suspension models include:
- Fury World Cup: This bike features GT’s patented Independent Drivetrain and the COR Downhill design alloy frame
- Sanction Expert: The Sanction Expert bike Features GT’s patented Independent Drivetrain, Fox Float CTD rear shocks, and COR Enduro design frame.
- Force X Sport: These bikes feature progressive geometry, angle-optimized suspension, and alloy frames.
- Helion Pro: This model includes AOS suspension, and is made for breakneck speeds on mountains and trails.
Frames for GT mountain bikes can be found in steel, carbon fiber, and aluminum.What wheel sizes are there?
You can find GT mountain bikes with the following wheel sizes: