Finding the Right Fruit of the Loom T-Shirt for Men
Fruit of the Loom is an American apparel company known for producing underwear, casual wear, jeans, and t-shirts. One of the largest manufacturers of these garments in the world, it manufactures many different kinds of shirts for men, including undershirts, gym shirts, polo shirts, and t-shirts.
Of its t-shirt lines, there are options for different fabrics, styles, colors and fits:
- Their shirts come in short sleeve, sleeveless, and long sleeve varieties.
- Crew t-shirts are by far the most common and are often bundled together in packs of 3 or 5 as active wear shirts or undershirts.
- White, black, heather and blue men's shirts are generally the most popular colors, though red, green, orange, purple, and other colors are also available.
What Style Options Do T-Shirts Have?
T-shirts have many different options for comfort and style which can affect the fit, wear, comfort and durability of the shirt. A few of those are listed below:
- V-neck shirts display more of the collarbone and throat than traditional crew neck shirts, which can make them more comfortable. Both v-neck and crew neck t-shirts have ribbed or off-color hem options.
- Some shirts have a front left breast pocket for carrying small items such as pens and to break up solid, plain fabric. These pockets can vary in size from small to large, depending on the shirt style.
- Some Fruit of the Loom shirts offer additional sizing considerations, such as Big and Tall size options for a looser shirt and a Slim Fit size options for a more form-fitting cut. Slim Fit options can be more ideal for those wearing a t-shirt as an undershirt.
- Some Fruit of the Loom shirts offer breathable cotton fabric, which reduces the amount of moisture the fabric holds due to perspiration.
- Some shirts, especially white, heather and dark undershirts, have tag-less design for maximum comfort.
What Materials Should My Shirt Be Manufactured From?
Most Fruit of the Loom shirts are manufactured in whole or in part with cotton. However, the inclusion of other materials can affect wear, fit and longevity.
- Many shirts are manufactured with a 90 percent Cotton / 10 percent Polyester formula.
- The EverSoft line of shirts are manufactured with a 60 percent Cotton / 40 percent Polyester formula to keep garments lightweight and soft.
- Some t-shirts may be made of 100 percent cotton, or 100 percent organic cotton. While these shirts are likely to fit the most true to size after multiple washes, they may be more expensive and will also trap and hold moisture and perspiration more than synthetic blends.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Fruit of the Loom.