Honda Civic Floor Mats and Carpets
Floor mats and carpets are useful accessories to protect the floor of your Honda Civic. Some drivers choose to replace their standard floor mats when they become worn or soiled, while others may choose to replace them for aesthetic purposes.Why is it important to have floor mats in your vehicle?
These parts serve several purposes in your Honda Civic.
So your mats can continue serving these functions to the best of their ability, it is important to replace those that are worn or damaged.
- Floor Protection: Properly fitting floor mats guard the permanently installed carpet on your vehicle’s floor against spills, stains, and general wear and tear.
- Added Comfort: Well-designed floor mats are more comfortable for the vehicle’s driver and passengers because they provide an extra layer of padding for your feet.
- Enhanced Appearance: You may choose to enhance the aesthetic appeal of your vehicle’s interior by selecting new floor mats. New floor mats will give your Honda Civic a cleaner look.
The primary materials used for Honda Civic floor mats are rubber and upholstery. Which material you purchase for your vehicle is based on personal preference.
- Rubber mats are easy to clean with soap and water, so they are ideal for people whose mats get quite dirty from heavy use.
- Carpet mats can match your interior trim, or they can be purchased in a wide variety of colors or patterns. Some upholstery accessories feature embroidered designs. Manufacturer original floor mats are usually made of carpet. This style of floor mats is best for those whose vehicles get light to normal use.
Manufacturer original floor mats are those that come in a new Honda Civic when it is purchased from a dealer. Aftermarket accessories can be added to a vehicle after purchase; these parts are made by a variety of manufacturers.
- Manufacturer Originals: Mats that are included in a new Honda Civic are designed to fit the vehicle exactly. They typically match the floor carpet of Honda vehicles. Manufacturer originals usually have a built-in system to prevent slippage.
- Aftermarket Mats: There are a wide variety of aftermarket floor mats that are available for purchase. They may be upholstery or rubber, and they may fit in Honda Civics in different ways. Some aftermarket products provide increased protection for the floor of your Civic compared to standard accessories. They may require a secondary system, such as clips, to hold them in place.