Film Cameras for Labor Day
Whether you’re spending the Labor Day weekend at barbeque parties or simply watching beautiful fireworks, capture every cherished memory with a camera. Explore the range of film cameras on eBay, from Canon, Fujifilm, Yashica, and a variety of other brands. The size and type of film you will need to use will depend on the specific model of the camera. Take your pick from cameras with a zoom lens, flash mechanism, solid body, automatic and manual settings, or other features, based on your requirements. You can get the best back to school deals on a new or used film camera of your choice.What are the common features of film cameras?
Common features of cameras that take film will vary depending on the type of camera you use. High-end models, such as a Leica, include features that are sometimes only utilized with professional photographers. Some of the most common features you will find include:
- Automatic and manual settings
- A flash mechanism or the ability to attach an external flash unit
- A zoom lens for capturing photos from different distances
- A solid body to protect the inner mechanisms from dust, dirt, and light
- A lens cap to protect it from getting scratched
There are many analog camera options and with these options comes a range of film sizes, shapes, and styles.
- Most analog models will take 35 millimeter film. This standard size is produced in a wide range of options, including traditional color, black and white, red scale, and color negative. Along with these options, 35 millimeter also comes in different speeds that can help you get sharper images depending on whether the subject of the photo is in motion or standing still.
- Larger models take larger sizes, such as 120 film format. Many of these models also have convertible attachments to switch it to 35 millimeter for convenience.
- Polaroid (or instant) cameras use film packs that provide you with a photo at the click of a button. This type comes in mini or square format.
Film has never gone completely out of style, and most manufacturers still produce a range of products that work for new devices as well as older models.
- The most common size and most abundantly produced film size is 35 millimeter. It easily works with most vintage and new devices.
- Some of the newer Polaroid models have packs that are too small for vintage models, but the traditional square size packs are also available and can work with some vintage models.
- Less common options such as 110, 120, and 4 by 5 sheets are also produced for specific camera types.