A Basic Guide to Eyeglass Parts
If youve ever broken your eyeglasses, you know how frustrating it is trying to hold your glasses with your hand. Not only does it look funny and feel uncomfortable, its also difficult to hold the glasses straight without the spectacle side arms. In situations like this, having a kit containing replacement eyeglass parts would be helpful.Can every part of a pair of eyeglasses be replaced?
Yes, and you can find all of these replaceable parts on eBay. Here are the basic parts to a pair of eyeglasses.
- End piece: The small part of the frame that goes from the lenses to the temples. In most eyeglasses, its connected by a hinge.
- Rim: The part of the frame where the lenses are inserted. The lenses is the glass part you look through.
- Nose pad: The piece that keeps the glasses comfortably in place on your face. In metal frames, a nose pad arm holds the plastic nose pad in place.
- Bridge: The arched area over the nose between the lenses that supports the weight of the glasses.
- Temple: The part that extends over the ear to help hold the sunglasses in place. The eyeglass temple tips that sits on top of the ear have a plastic coating.
No, in fact, the type of eyeglass hinge on your eyeglasses is not something you may pay any attention to until one of the handles breaks. There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to eyeglass hinges. You can find new and used eyeglasses spring hinge replacements on eBay. There are three primary eyeglass hinge types: spring, barrel, and hingeless.What eyeglass parts are available on eBay?
Eyeglasses can be expensive, and some styles are not that easy to come by. If you have broken a pair of your favorite Ray-Ban, Coach, or Gucci glasses, you dont have to get rid of them. If youre missing one of the handles, eBay offers new arms for glasses, vintage eyeglass parts, and replacement cable temples for eyeglasses. Silhouette eyeglass parts, Ray-Ban parts, and other brand-name eyeglass parts are available on eBay, too.