Precision Farming With the Trimble EZ Guide 250
With the development of farming-specific GPS-enabled devices, those with farms have a great aid in managing their crops and their day-to-day operations. With GPS systems like the Trimble EZ Guide 250, you can navigate your fields in low-visibility weather conditions, better apply fertilizers and chemicals, and produce environmentally-friendly fields. Whether your farm is small or large, with new or preowned GPS-enabled farming devices from eBay, you can manage your farm better and faster.How are GPS-enabled devices used in agriculture?
Using signals from several satellites to estimate the users position, time, velocity, and other data, GPS receivers are useful in agriculture. The device memory cars store data along with yield data that are used by software designed for agricultural applications. These devices, like the EZ guide 250, help with crop scouting, field mapping, managing the application of fertilizers and chemicals, variable rate planting, and more.What are the benefits of using GPS-enabled devices for agriculture?
GPS-enabled devices designed specifically for agricultural use offer many important benefits, some of which include the following:
- Field navigation: The devices cut the chance youll skip areas or cover an area youve already been over. It saves time in allowing you to cover as much ground as possible in a shorter period of time.
- Visibility: The devices allow you to work in poor visibility conditions like dust, fog, rain, and darkness to boost your productivity.
- Yield data: The devices allow you to accurately track yield data for use in preparing future crop layouts and more.
- Eliminates flaggers: When using these devices, you wont need people as "flaggers" when spraying. Youll know where youve already sprayed and where you havent.
- Sampling: These devices help with data collection, data analysis, soil sampling, and more. It also allows for varying localized chemical applications. You can set the planting density to complement certain areas of the field.
Trimble EZ Guide 250 offers several great features to help manage your fields:
- Lighting: The device includes 15 built-in LED lights.
- Display: The display is an easy-to-read compact 4.3-inch color screen.
- User interface: The interface includes a highly intuitive interface for users.
- Ease of use: It installs quickly and easily. The device is very easy to understand and use.
- Construction: The device is durable for daily outdoor use in the field on different tractors.
Repeatability means the ability of the GPS receiver or system to guide you back to one specific location in the field reliably each time you navigate. This could be from day to day or from year to year. This is an important feature to many who use these types of systems. Good system repeatability is a necessity for agricultural guidance applications, and it needs to be as accurate as possible. With the Trimble EZ Guide 250, you can establish such a position. The means you can drop seed on top of a fertilized strip, cultivate between established crop rows, and more.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Trimble.