Ducati Motorcycles: The Beauty and the Beast
Ducati is perhaps among the most well-known performance-oriented motorcycle brand that has a model for sale for almost everyone. If you're looking to buy the beast, eBay has Ducatis at reasonable rates. Here is a brief guide to help you select stylish Ducati bikes for sale:A Ducati model to suite your lifestyle
Since its inception, the Italian manufacturer has made several models that are tailor-made for a specific lifestyle. Here is a breakdown of Ducatis for sale:
- Sportbike - As the name suggests, these are powerful sports machines dubbed the Panigale. Among these, Panigale V4 R is the flagship motorbike developed for the superbike racing circuit. The powerful Ducati Panigale for sale is also available as 1000cc superbikes such as Panigale V4 S and Panigale 959.
- Supermoto - The only model in the lineup is Hypermotard 950, which is a hybrid made for road and off-road challenges. It is a 937cc bike that is a master of dirt roads, but you can also use it as a standalone sports bike.
- Cruiser/Power Cruiser - Without sacrificing the powerful performance, the cruiser is a road-worthy bike for relaxing on long drives. It's dubbed the Ducati Diavel, and there are four distinct entries under its name.
- Touring/Adventure - For riding on dirt roads and mountains, Ducati offers a Multistrada line that has Multistrada 950 as the base model alongside the more powerful variations of Multistrada 1260 lineup.
- Sport Naked - These bare-essential bike types are marketed as Monsters, which includes Monster 797, Monster 821, and Monster 1200. Any used Ducati for sale is perfect for road trips with friends and other bikers. Several models are made to suit on-road and off-road biking.
Before purchasing a used Ducati on eBay, it's important to review if belts and valves were serviced lately. Every Ducati requires servicing the belt after 5000 to 7000 miles, which is needed to keep the motorbike in great condition. If the owner forgets to mention the last service cycle, ask them to verify when belts and valves were replaced or serviced.
Similarly, make sure that all the electronics are in good condition, because any fault in wiring can take time and money. If buying a classic inexpensive Ducati model that has a steel tank, check for dents and swelling in the tank because they can often reduce the resale of a vintage Ducati bike. In some models, the hard latch that doesn't open or the tank that is too close to the ignition shroud is also a potential sign of tank swelling.Air-cooled and liquid-cooled Ducati engines
Most newer Ducati models use liquid-cooled engines except Scrambler and some Monster models. In fact, models prior to 1990 mainly used air-cooled engines. The air-cooled engine is a comparatively simple engine with fewer mechanical parts. Most of these engines can be repaired with hand tools in areas where there are no mechanical shops. In contrast, newer Ducati liquid-cooled engines offer less oil contamination, leakage, and a longer life cycle, meaning that it is more fuel economical and oil changes are not as frequent as with air-cooled engines.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ducati.